Join now - be part of our community!

Sony AG9 - how to reinstall Prime Video

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
nickeggington

Sony AG9 - how to reinstall Prime Video

Hi,

Does anyone know how to reinstall Prime Video on a Sony AG9?

It's a pre-installed app so the usual uninstall option is not present.

I'm having problems connecting with Prime Video (internet connectivity problem) so would like to uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Nick it's just been updated today so go to Google Play Store (Home/Apps/Playstore) and select your Avatar top right and update apps or just search in Play Store and update. If it's still not working correctly (I'm having trouble with Now TV not working correctly) it's because of the Android System Webview app...every single time that app updates whether it be on Phone or TV it breaks some apps. That updated yesterday so has caused the problem. The apps will all update to work with Webview OR Webview will update but it may take a a few hours, a day, a week or three!! Thats a promise!!👍

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Nick it's just been updated today so go to Google Play Store (Home/Apps/Playstore) and select your Avatar top right and update apps or just search in Play Store and update. If it's still not working correctly (I'm having trouble with Now TV not working correctly) it's because of the Android System Webview app...every single time that app updates whether it be on Phone or TV it breaks some apps. That updated yesterday so has caused the problem. The apps will all update to work with Webview OR Webview will update but it may take a a few hours, a day, a week or three!! Thats a promise!!👍

profile.country.GB.title
nickeggington

Fantastic, many thanks for the response! I'm away from home but will take a look later.

I do recall seeing a new or recent update of the system Webview App so what you're saying makes perfect sense.

I didn't appreciate the impact Webview could have on other applications.

Thanks for the info!

Cheers

Nick

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Hi Nick I have the A9, what a beautiful TV? I love it and I've just checked, Prime is working perfectly now, I'm watching Travel Man and it's not cutting out so I think it's fixed. Disney+ app has just updated as well. I would just say that once all the apps have updated Restart your TV either by going into Settings/Device Preferences/About/Restart or Holding down the Power Button in the remote until the option to Restart appears (This just clears the Caches) If you ever have this problem again (and you will!!) Please remember it's nearly always that Webview app that breaks the other apps and if it's not that, then you will have to wait for an update of the Webview app for it to fix the other app!! I hope that makes sense. Thats 99% of the Android Problems right there!! Please if you find that it's working OK mark my first post as the solution so others can find it and give me some Kudos👍

profile.country.GB.title
nickeggington

Excellent, working now!!!

Many thanks for the advice and information :slight_smile:

Nick