Join now - be part of our community!

Ridiculously slow boot

profile.country.GB.title
KD-AG8
Explorer

Ridiculously slow boot

Since Xmas, our new 55AG8 has exhibited the following. After power up, sound is heard after 2-3 seconds, picture arrives several lambing seasons later, typically 6 minutes, worst case 11mins 22secs. Normally network connection is Wi-fi but tested using wired LAN, absolutely no difference. Performed Factory reset - no change, software is up to date according to TV. Have reported to Sony, but they have suggested a software upgrade which my tv says is not necessary - who is telling porkies then?

wireless network speed 600+ Mbps, internet download speed 50-55Mbps. 

Android Oreo 8

Anyone come across this before?

many thanks

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It is not possible! Are you talking about a full reboot or just from standby? My a1 as any other android tv takes 1-2  seconds to boot from standby.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In any case related to firmware  you should check on the support site if you have the latest. The tv may not find it if it is not available OTA for it.

profile.country.GB.title
KD-AG8
Explorer

If the tv has been powered off via the remote for more than 3-5 mins, then the situation described occurs. Otherwise it is a couple of seconds before picture appears. If powered off at the wall, then again a long delay.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you unplug the tv (and you should not do ever) it is normal since you force the whole android system to reboot. It is not normal that it goes like this while in standby even if after an hour or more. 
profile.country.GB.title
KD-AG8
Explorer

Normally TV is always plugged into the wall - I only removed it to do a factory reset and to try and get a baseline for the startup process. I should add that after Android was booted, it still took a further 5+ mins before picture appeared. I am assuming that all ‘installed’ apps are not physically downloaded each time ? 

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

they are not.

And it is not normal for any case scenario. I rebooted all my sets numerous times and it takes some 2-3 min tops to boot with all that home screen crap populated.

The only exception is after system update. But it is then just that one time, fist boot.  

profile.country.GB.title
KD-AG8
Explorer

Well this must be a world record - 13mins 56secs to picture display from pressing power-on button on the remote!

This heap of electronic rubbish is going back to the shop as totally unfit for purpose - I shall never buy a Sony TV again!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Did you ever reset to factory settings? Is it update to the last firmware 6.6545?
profile.country.GB.title
KD-AG8
Explorer

Yes, have done a factory reset - no change. Tv tells me it is up to date