Join now - be part of our community!

No HD Channels on Sony Bravia

profile.country.GB.title
Henpricer
New

No HD Channels on Sony Bravia

I've recently bought a new Sony Bravia KD49XF7003BU, and I'm having a bit of a problem with the HD Channels.

Upon the first setup, the HD channels worked fine, no problems at all. However, whilst watching a HD Channel I turned on my PS4, and the HD Channel suddenly lost signal. I subsequently re-tuned the telly and the channels had completely vanished. 

After re-tuning several times, trying to blank tune the channels etc, I finally got the channels back, but the next day they vanished again. 

My signal strength is also weak considering I'm in London, I'm getting around 68/100 strength. So I've narrowed it down to two options:

1) My HDMI cable is interfering with the signal

2) There is a problem with my aerial resulting in weak signal, meaning the tuner is struggling to find the channels.

3) It's both.

So I've changed the HDMI cable to the PS4, but the TV still can't find the HD Channels. So it's hard to say if this has had an effect.

Other things to note, if I touch the Aerial cable at all, the signal diminishes on the tv, the slightest movement of the cable effects the picture quality.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, and is there anything I can do to remedy this? 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
GooseyHQ
New

I'm also experiencing difficulty with HD Channel on the KD43xe7002 - It seems to be fine if I retune (FULL) but then if I turn the TV off .. HD Channels are lost on restart - Signal stength/quality between 93 - 100 %

Many thanks