Join now - be part of our community!

No firmware update (december 2018) for european KD-ZD9 TV

profile.country.SE.title
DanteSwe

No firmware update (december 2018) for european KD-ZD9 TV

Hi!

Why is there no Fimware update to v6.5805 for european kd-zd9? The US got the update a month ago...EU...no pasaran.

My 65" ZD9 has this problem and wakes both me and my Harman Kardon receiver in the middle of the night:

"Resolves a condition where the TV switches from Standby to Semi Standby periodically and switches on any connected AV Receiver via HDMI CEC without reason"

So, when will EU-market with the 500.000.000 people finnaly get the update? And be able to sleep uninterrupted? :slight_smile:

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.SE.title
DanteSwe

Does any Sony-employee read this forum? Or is it only customers?

Merry Christmas!

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

If there are any software updates available I would make sure the Automatic software download setting from your TV is turned ON so that you will be able to receive it. 

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

I really don't understand why such a difference between US and EU it's the same TV set just upload it to support site so we can manually install it on our TV's...

I just hope there wont be more than half a year difference just like with Google assistant firmware... 😞

profile.country.SE.title
DanteSwe

Well I have been Sony-customer for 25+ years. And for as long as I can remember, Europen users had to bend over, time after time again.

In past, at least flagship products, had proper updates and support. Sony of today, even for flagship products, updates and features are "hope and pray".

The glory of yesterday is fading (fast) away...LG, Samsung, TCL are "on the top of  the game"...watch out Sony...the ice is really, really thin...:)

PS This "forum" and its generic "answers" are case in point. :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Same here I have 2017 model TV and always had Sony TV as long as I can remember...now all I can do is watch YouTube videos of Americans updating same TV to Oreo and I have to wait who knows for how long...

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@zlays84 wrote:

I really don't understand why such a difference between US and EU it's the same TV set just upload it to support site so we can manually install it on our TV's...

Not quite... We are talking about televisions, in here. The EU uses the PAL system, while in the US they have NTSC televisions. Also the digital terrestrial formats are different, DVB-T in EU, ATSC in NA.

Then, sure. The Android part will be the same, I suppose. But the actual television HW is different and so it is its firmware (the real firmware. The Android part is an OS).

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

@Jecht_Sin wrote:

@zlays84 wrote:

Not quite... We are talking about televisions, in here. The EU uses the PAL system, while in the US they have NTSC televisions. Also the digital terrestrial formats are different, DVB-T in EU, ATSC in NA.

Then, sure. The Android part will be the same, I suppose. But the actual television HW is different and so it is its firmware (the real firmware. The Android part is an OS).

Yeah I know that but thats the same in older versions of android just copy paste to new one...biggest update is to Android itself apps and stuff and that's the same...

Other stuf like frequencies of digital aignals are the same so no extra work needed for those...

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

The mods here are no help what so ever. So forget about them.

Turn off auto updates on your TV. The update before last for the ZD9 was a right **** up.

I am not installing the new update(when it comes) because it's having 4K file playing problems.

I'm off back to LG when my 75ZD9 dies,

profile.country.GB.title
romeo_kii

hi i feel ya, i mentioned it last month, but still no update , all this waiting is driving me crazy ,been checking everyday since then ,  i need hdmi dynamic range back loll