Join now - be part of our community!

My KD-49XF9005 is the worst TV I have ever bought, It struggles to see any USB stick let alone play

profile.country.GB.title
salv2004
Explorer

My KD-49XF9005 is the worst TV I have ever bought, It struggles to see any USB stick let alone play

Is anyone else having trouble with their Sony TV not seeing a USB stick when it is plugged into one of the USB ports? Also when it does see the stick it will only play some of the files even though the format is the same as the other files that do play. Before anyone tells me the file may be corrupted all the files work perfectly on my Samsung TV!! I know what I will be buying in future, definitely not Sony

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Why before starting to complain about your TV that you should know deeply by now since it has almost 4 years, don't you use the strengths of android? You can install whichever player you like on it (vlc, Kodi, mxplayer, nova ) that on your Samsung is impossible 

profile.country.GB.title
salv2004
Explorer

Why bother to have these ports on the TV if they don't work?  4 years might be old in technology innovation terms but not in functionality of the components that came with the TV, my other Samsung TV is nearly twice the age and its see's all USB sticks very quickly unlike the poor old android Sony.

Yes I know you can as I have the various players you mentioned but how do you play a movie from a USB stick if your Sony TV struggles to find?

Come on Sony you can do much better.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

So we can consider that playing files can be done with your Sony even better than your old tv on which you may be able to play a very old divx codec but not a newer like i.e. an HEVC one?

For connecting your usb devices, the problem is surely not on Sony in general (I have an A1 oled older than yours and works fine with any flash memory/HDD I put on it): it may be an hardware problem with your own tv or a filesystem type not supported.

profile.country.GB.title
salv2004
Explorer

I think you might be right re TV hardware, My original KD 49FX was replaced after 6 months as it had a catastrophic failure (term used by the engineer not me). The replacement TV had the motherboard and ethernet port replaced, followed by two handsets!!  Not what you call I dependable TV.....    😂