Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
Serguyan

Minnik написано:

i found the same now like you in help MENU but in Setting menu.....DSC_2248.jpg

Click on the item and select "edit", write what you want to see :).

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

when can we expect android 7 nougat?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

In about a year?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats optimistic - id say probably two....

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

or never?

ON:

My TV is back to service, for new mainboard. 

Perhaps it would be easier to replace the TV with a new one.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Considering this disaster, Sony will probably reconsider bringing Nougat to all Android TV devices...

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

Why? I mean, can it be worse than this?

Jhinwxm

Had my TV back, finally. All fixed. Seems exactly the same as before the update bricked it.

Sony been in touch about compensation too. If you don't ask you don't get.

profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

My TV is back. The backcover was opened, but I believe the motherboard is the same it was from the begining. The WiFi MAC address is the same, Android 5 onboard now

My complaints about the repairing job : now I saw that when I clean the screen it always make some poping noise in the top middle area. This NEVER hapened before I leaved it to the service, also I don't understand why is this happening now, it's supposing that they had to work at the motherboard not on the display frame. Now about the labeling Sony used to identify the TV unit : WHY did Sony put the serial label on the back-cover and not on the display frame!? Seriously, now I don't even know if the TV I got has my display or it was exchanged alongside with his frame.

I am soo frustrated about Sony (with that firmware disaster) forcing me to leave my new TV to service to be opened in my absence, now I'm not even sure the TV I received from repair is the one that I bought in December. BUT I am absolutely sure of one thing : now I have a REPAIRED TV at home, so ,,Thank You, SONY !,, for making this a reality for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @BETATESTERONE

Can you please private message me the case number and I'll pass on your complaint to Sony. 

In regards to the MAC address, the MAC address will either be the same or the correct one re-inserted back in upon change of mainboard.

Cheers