Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I don't think that they produce different image processors with different Motion XR and stuff. It is all just a matter of limiting it in software (settings).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @vick18

I can confirm that the mainboards are exactly the same between models - hence the reason the repair centres must physically set the TVs to the correct model in the settings.

Cheers

Editing of typo.

profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

I rather believe that at the end of the manufacturing process not all the resulting image processors are equally the same (i.e lower quality of the same silicon wafer) so the quality of a small part of the resulting image processors innevitably are slightly lower quality (they overheat, or artefacts occur, or else when tested at nominal frequencies). So that chips are labeled slightly different and will be used in motherboards that will be part of the same TV line (let's say in the KDL-W43805C 800Hz variant of the W80 series) but advertized&sold separately at lower prices because of their lowered frequency (their frequencies are lowered to a point where they function 100% correct, let's say 800Hz with corrective measures like electrically locked down transistors or just locked down their frequency by firmware).

In my opinion, there is no logic for producing a 1.000Hz image processor but limiting it at 800Hz to sell the TV slightly cheap alongside with the 1.000Hz model aswell. Eventually, it could be a strategic sale in poorer economic countries, but there will be advertized only the smaller price TV variant despite is has a 1.000Hz image processor limited to 800Hz by software.

Yes, probably all the motherboards are the same in the W80 TV line, but there are different image processor chip frequencies/revisions/labeling on them.

Jhinwxm

The so called engineer turned up at my house today, supposed to be dropping my TV off, then says he hasn't got it becuase he's put the wrong TV on the van. Idiot!

Then the cheeky **** expected us to wait another week as "they are only in our area on Tuesdays" Funny that because they collected my TV on a Thursday.

I had to phone the repair centre and they said the best they could do was deliver this Friday and the cheeky madam on the phone told me that they would probably get into trouble for doing that!  As if thats my problem.

Don't employ incompetent engineers then!

Really [profanity removed by moderator] annoyed at Sony and these cretins they have got to repair my TV.Both as useless as each other.

I've had a gutful, this service has been nothing short of a disgrace and Sony have got alot to answer for.

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

@BETATESTERONE wrote:

Yes, probably all the motherboards are the same in the W80 TV line

Sony is using the same Mediatek MT5890 in all 2015 model TVs

For 2016 and 2017 Sony decided to use the slightly updated Mediatek MT5891

Also the panels are the same in all these tvs, the only difference is in the way the SOC works in different models

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Sony is using the same Mediatek MT5890 in all 2015 model TVs

MediaTek application processor is not the crucial part here, but the image co-processor.

profile.country.GB.title
VRDR24
Explorer

Ok my TV is back from service with new mainboard and it's 43w808c :slight_smile:

20170315_173725.jpg

profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

And you have the same info in the Setting menu ? KDL-W43W808C is also listed there ?

profile.country.GB.title
VRDR24
Explorer

yes, in system menu is also 43w808c. 

Serguyan

TV KDL-43W808C.

Production date 11.2016.

Purchase date 02.2017.

After updating green orange disease.

Replacement motherboard 15.03.2017. Master took a picture of the sticker on the back cover. After replacing the Mat.Board and firmware via the service menu wizard entered the serial number of the TV.

Peliautomaatit disabled. The MAC address of the Wi-Fi remained the same. The MAC address of the LAN is not connected, therefore change can not say.

In the system menu and in the "help" shows KDL-43W808C in menu "about device" shows the KDL-43W805C, BUT!, this name can be changed at anytime by clicking "change" :wink:

original.jpg