Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-X559005CBU - Plex App

wutang200

KDL-X559005CBU - Plex App

I think I've already asked this before but didn't even get a reply.

The built in Plex app seems like it's completely broken as it doesn't play any HD video at all (definitely not a bandwidth issue as the Video app plays the same file without a problem).

Has anyone managed to get it working with HD or UHD video?

It used to work before the latest update but now just stutters then hangs completely when playing back such a file.

All files are being streamed from my NAS server.

The Video app doesn't have the ability to resume videos from where I left off and the fast forward setting is awful. 2 things the Plex app is light years ahead at. Just a shame it doesn't play anything.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately Sony has no control over the running of the Plex app, other than to allow it on the TV.  I can only suggest that you contact Plex themselves, which i found their email address.:  

android-marketplace@plexapp.com

In regards to the Video app, i agree that it is rather basic.  We can only hope that it gets better over time.

For myself as most of my viewing is playback of media files, i purchased a dedicated media player - it plays everything i need - with the only limitation of 4K, but i dont own a 4K tv, so i dont care :slight_smile:

Cheers

wutang200

I disagree with you on this one as the Plex app worked fine before the Sony update. The update seems to have broken something related to Plex.

The issue has to be something to do with Sony here.