Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55W805C Multiple Satellite Tuning

profile.country.GB.title
TheHiphopopotamus
New

KDL-55W805C Multiple Satellite Tuning

I hope someone can help, as this is driving me absolutely mental.

I live in Germany and am English, and my Fiancee Italian, so we are trying to receive channels in all languages.  We have purchased a Tivusat CAM smart card which is fully activated.

Previously, my TV was connected to the Astra 19.2e satellite and we received all FTA German channels.  Now, when trying to "add new channels", with Astra 19.2 STILL THERE, a scan deletes all German channels and only scans through Hotbird (which is needed for Italian channels).  There seems to be no way to add the satellites we need.

For reference, the 2 settings I need to add for Italian TV are:

Hotbird 
10992, vertical, 27500
09750/10992 diseqc set to B

Hotbird
11919, vertical, 29900
11919/29900 disecq set to toneburst B

The DiseqC seems to be important here, as I can't add or change this setting under a "scan for new channels" or "full scan".

PLEASE can someone tell me how I can properly add both German FTA channels under Astra 19.2, AND Italian channels under Hotbird with a paid for and activated CAM under Hotbird.

If I could also get English FTA channels (I am in Cologne so well within the range) under the other Astra satellite I would be ecstatic.

Just as a bit of seperate information - there are 3 families in this house all under the same satellite connection, and the other 2 families both have samsung tv's.  Both of these are easy to set up and receive all channels required, and this Sony TV feels impossible

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
TheHiphopopotamus
New

I don't know if this topic is relevant? https://community.sony.de/t5/android-tv/problem-tuning-second-satellite-astra-1-to-xf85-sony-bravia-...

Is it even possible for this TV to take multiple satellite feeds from a single cable?