Join now - be part of our community!

ITV / Channel 4 catch up

profile.country.GB.title
poppychops
Explorer

ITV / Channel 4 catch up

I have a Sony Bravia KD65XF8796BU connected to a freesat box (satellite only - no aerial, no cable).

I am trying to access catchup services ITV hub / Channel 4 - it insists on installing YouView, but will not complete this installation because I have no aerial/cable for it to do a channel scan.

Does anyone know how to access catchup services in these circumstances?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
SMB123
Explorer

maybe need to install ITV android app to access via WiFi

profile.country.GB.title
romeo_kii

hi there is an android apk floating around on google that does exactly that , all catch up services without youview, i installed it ages ago, dont have the apk no more , else would have posted a link loll

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

The Github repository from Hoshsadiq will allow you to have the ITV and All4 Players without having YouView installed.

However, each Player still needs you to have tuned in their relevant SD channel, 3 or 4, before they will play.

But you only need to have done this once, and you don’t need to keep the aerial connected after that, as the Players just do one initial sniff, and don’t need the channels to stay live.

Get a portable indoor aerial, hook it up, tune the channels, and as long as you get 3 and 4, you can disconnect the aerial again.

Though if you don’t care about the broadcast channels, you might as well keep YouView enabled, and then you won’t need the Hoshsadiq fix, which is more for people who do want the broadcast channels, but from Freeview not YouView, and still to get all the Players.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
gcac2828

I use Hoshsadiq.apk which works very well giving all catch-up BBC1, ITV, All4, CH5

Myself have to disable Youview to be able to use Freeview.