Join now - be part of our community!

ITV channel 1 not available in ITV hub. KD55XH9505

profile.country.GB.title
truthseeker2
Explorer

ITV channel 1 not available in ITV hub. KD55XH9505

Recently bought the Sony KD55XH9505 and finding that the itv hub loads easily as does BBC i player etc. Problem is that the ITV hub will give me all channels except ITV 1 (Which happens to be the channel most sought by my other half  for Coronation St catchup). Tried carrying out a fix which other users have used, having experienced the same issue on different Sony tv models, but cannot find an app on this tv 'YVservicehostAPK'  where clearing the cache then clearing data could possibly produce a solution. Anyone else having this problem or does anyone have a fix which could work on this set?

92 REPLIES 92
profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

I guess their thought process was a phone will have GPS ability, so accessing internet on TV via a phone somehow let's the TV know the location...or gives a better location than your IP address. I can't think why Sony believe a more accurate location would make a difference to itvhub accepting a post code.

More interesting is why don't Sony get one of their TV sets and try some of these suggestions without plugging it into an aerial. My guess is they know they won't work, so they are just delaying tactics. 

The Sony youview deal is causing the issue, and they can't actually fix it without changing the relationship between them.

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

I said something similar on the other busy thread in this subject.

And you might be right about the reasons they seemingly have their heads in the sand on this subject.

The experience with this particular TV has really tainted my view of Sony TV's and I cannot recommend them to my friends and colleagues. In fact quite the opposite. My panny is working brilliantly. 

One concession is that they do make good cameras. My RX100 has been as reliable as a rock and takes great photos. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi guys, it worked for some users, thought I might add it here for others. Rayw53, have you heard anything yet?

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

No nothing from youview or Sony, I guess they are still debating who is responsible for the issue. Can it really be this tricky to fix? 

Do you have a Sony TV ? 

You know, nobody at Sony has accepted that this is a problem for them to fix.

It would be really nice to hear something, or just accept it isn't going to be fixed. I can then progress with one of the work arounds...buy an aerial, or resort to sideloading the apps.

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

I do appreciate the suggestion about the hotspot but at the end of the day it is still a workaround and by looking at post in the Community over the years it has apparently helped solve some folks internet connection issues (is that the root cause of the problem?)  but for just as many it didn't. 

The ball is definietly in the court of Sony and/or YouView to figure out and resolve.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey guys, I'm so sorry it didn't work for you yet, I've read on YouView site some recommendations to use an aerial, I am suspecting it's coming to this solution after all.

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

What don't you understand.?

I don't have or want an aerial, I don't want youview!

I bought this TV for it's satellite connections !

But I would really like to be able to get itvhub all4 BBC iPlayer my5 utilising this so called smart TV's , smart capability , via internet, without youview getting in the way.

Connecting an aerial is not a workable solution for me. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Rayw53, thank you for your sweet reply. I'm only updating the thread with what I found. Good luck with your quest.

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

I am getting slightly frustrated with Sony, as you should understand.

This issue with Sony / youview has been around for a while and it seems Sony have very little enthusiasm for resolving the issue. The expectation from them is that we should work round the problem. This is just not acceptable, imho.

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

Wholeheartedly agree Rayw53.