Join now - be part of our community!

ITV channel 1 not available in ITV hub. KD55XH9505

profile.country.GB.title
truthseeker2
Explorer

ITV channel 1 not available in ITV hub. KD55XH9505

Recently bought the Sony KD55XH9505 and finding that the itv hub loads easily as does BBC i player etc. Problem is that the ITV hub will give me all channels except ITV 1 (Which happens to be the channel most sought by my other half  for Coronation St catchup). Tried carrying out a fix which other users have used, having experienced the same issue on different Sony tv models, but cannot find an app on this tv 'YVservicehostAPK'  where clearing the cache then clearing data could possibly produce a solution. Anyone else having this problem or does anyone have a fix which could work on this set?

92 REPLIES 92
profile.country.GB.title
room_101

Thanks for that. It's good that Sony responded but unfortunately, that firmware isn't applicable to my 2020 Oled TV.  

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

Further to my earlier report about getting access to ITV1 on ITVHub, this evening I tried using BBCiPlayer. Ouch, all it did was hang the TV with  a "loading" message. I had to switch it off then on again.

Further investigation and it seems I can use BBCiPlayer when YouView is enabled but not ITVHub+ITV1 and vice versa access ITVHub+ITV1 and not not BBCIplayer when YouView is disabled.

Anybody got any  ideas on this?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi room_101, I think you need a factory reset after the latest update for it to settle, it worked with many people regarding the other issues you have.

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

Please excuse my reluctance to do yet another Factory reset based on a supposition.

To spend more hours finding a digital aerial attaching it to a 50' cable, extending that cable through the house to an upstairs window to get a signal and then having to retune everything, disconnect the aerial because I use Satellite (for obvious reason) then set up apps, passwords and then tweak things so the TV is less cumbersome to operate.

Will that really fix, amongst a range of issues that spoil the enjoyment of using this TV, the ITVHub+ITV1 problem, stop the random reboots, stop randomly losing sound when using the catchup apps, and before I forget, the one where ITVHub stops responding after playing adverts?

And then to think that this has to be done after every update  ..... arrrgggghhh... 

I really do hope someone from Sony Support monitors this community forum and takes note. 

profile.country.GB.title
merseyswine

me too. Happened since my AG9 TV updated its software yesterday (5 Feb 2021). Tried clearing cache and data of ITV hub app but no result. Can see all channels on ITV hub except ITV1. It won't recognise my postcode. Tried using a different postcode but still the same problem.

Hi, exact same issue for me and very frustrating. I have no aerial and do not plan to get one. I assumed that might expensive TV would just work.

however, while a fix will hopefully materialise, one workaround is to download the ‘TVPlayer’ app from the store. This lets you watch all live channels so at least I can watch the rugby today.

unfortunately, it doesn’t benefit from the HD potential of my expensive Tv but at least I can watch it! 

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

HannahEd01, I decided to waste my time this afternoon and did a factory reset and carefully went through all the setup steps, which for information purposes is on a KD-65A85 (2020).

With my digital aerial plugged in I first did an Digital Aerial tune and got the usual services. Accessing ITVHub via the Youview app I had to sign in (which I did via the ITV.com/Activate approach) and all was good and ITV1 was there.
So far I've not needed to enter any postcode, includng at the tuning step and I assume my locale in ITVHub is picked up from my ITV account.

I then sideloaded hoshdiaq's ITVHub app but that wouldn't show ITV1 - just the stupid postcode request loop.
I then disabled YouView and tested the hoshdiaq ITVHub app again and ITV1 is visible but BBCiplayer wouldn't load.

So I can report the factory reset didn't resolve this particular with using the sideloaded ITVHub.

My digital aerial is now disconnected (I'd rather not live with coax cable draped throughout the house) and now rely on my tuned in Freesat and Satellite feeds.

As before, when opening Youview I get the warning about a weak signal but can progress after pressing the Back or Enter buttons on the handset.
It's a right pain to keep getting this warning pop up just because I'm using a satellite and not an aerial feed but fortunately this can be avoided by using the catchup apps found in Sony Select. Since these apps can be promoted to the Play Next line on the Home page they are much more readily accessible and the YouView app can be avoided.

Now after completing my Factory reset I won't be finding all those other issues? I wish......

I do hope this info is of help to others who rely on a satellite connection and lucky enough to hook up a digital aerial and get some sort of signal, abeit on a temporary basis for tuning to get ITVHub/ITV1. While not 100% satisfactory I am happy enough to continue.

PS. FWIW - I am using the sideloaded version hoshdiaqs UKTVPlay app without a problem anf that happily resides in my Home - Favourites area.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi guys,

So I've been following many threads with the same issue (or similar with few change) and most of the users got the ITV1 after tuning with a digital aerial. There's no formal communication from Sony or YouView so far (As far as I know).

The TVs don't have a GPS locator and replay on the network to get an estimate location, so for those who can't get an aerial, try connecting your TV to a personal hotspot from your phones and turn the location on, then try ITV1 again. Maybe that help?

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

Hi, the hot spot is one of the things that Sony suggested, it didn't work for me.

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

Setting up a wifi hotspot and configuring the TV to use that connection instead of going directly through a router? An interesting suggestion or can I say workaround?

Why going though a mobile/tablet/computer hotspot should work instead of the Sony TV Location feature is anybody's guess, but for 1 user at least it doesn't.
And it certainly isn't a method for the non-technical amongst us. For detecting bugs, it's a maybe, but it isn't solving the problem.

I guess only Sony or YouView know what is actually going on and it's just a shame that nobody from the organisations are actively reading the reports here and taking the time and care to respond.
Or even investigating properly and fixing the real problem.

FWIW - Location on my KD65A85 has always been enabled and it also reports no recent apps have requested location and presumably that includes ITVHub assuming it actiually wants to use the Sony TV location feature.