Join now - be part of our community!

ITV channel 1 not available in ITV hub. KD55XH9505

profile.country.GB.title
truthseeker2
Explorer

ITV channel 1 not available in ITV hub. KD55XH9505

Recently bought the Sony KD55XH9505 and finding that the itv hub loads easily as does BBC i player etc. Problem is that the ITV hub will give me all channels except ITV 1 (Which happens to be the channel most sought by my other half  for Coronation St catchup). Tried carrying out a fix which other users have used, having experienced the same issue on different Sony tv models, but cannot find an app on this tv 'YVservicehostAPK'  where clearing the cache then clearing data could possibly produce a solution. Anyone else having this problem or does anyone have a fix which could work on this set?

92 REPLIES 92
profile.country.GB.title
bigbilly69
Explorer

Have exactly the same problem - very frustrating on an expensive Smart TV !

I have an aerial connected directly and have tried a reset.  Works perfectly on my PC !!

profile.country.GB.title
James2-J
Explorer

At least for some people it seems an aerial is crucial?

I suppose I will have to accept I cannot have ITV Hub on this TV (in practice this means the 'Smart' functions of the TV are useless and I'm forced to buy an Amazon / Fire stick which will make the tv smart for me)

Even if Sony / Youview require an aerial to access catchup services, the least they could do is change the confusing information in ITV Hub on this tv, the app asks for a postcode and when one is entered it confirms it knows your location. But then when you go to watch ITV1 catchup it says it doesn't know your location. This at least should be patched, it's what's caused the confusion for most people in this thread.

Lastly, whilst 10-20 years ago the proportion of people buying a Sony TV never intending to connect it to an aerial was probably vanishingly small, these days it must be significant and I feel Sony should clearly advise that an aerial is required to access the catchup services.

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

Both Sony and youview have replied to me, both say it should be possible to access itv hub and all 4 catch-up services without having an aerial attached.

They have escalated past the first line help desk teams to more technical support teams to investigate this issue where post code is entered , accepted, but not applied correctly in a way that itv hub accepts.

Hopefully they will have a fix soon.

profile.country.GB.title
bigbilly69
Explorer

Well I can't get ITV1 on ITVHub to work even with an aerial attached directly.  What I am doing is getting ITV1 up on my iPad or iPhone and then 'casting' it to the TV which works fine but you shouldn't have to.

Bill

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

Did you retune stations in youview (live and catch-up TV)?

It's this process that lets itv hub recognise your post code, I believe.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@bigbilly69 

Are you in Scotland?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
bigbilly69
Explorer

No stations on original set up 

profile.country.GB.title
bigbilly69
Explorer

No - Norfolk

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Rayw53 

Tuning the set lets the itv hub app know which itv/stv region you are in. That’s enough for it. And that’s how the YouView box does it.

The postcode decode should be an equivalent method of accomplishing the same thing without needing terrestrial tuning, but doesn’t seem to be working properly.

It’s distressing that YouView and Sony didn’t know this (and puzzling, because I’ve been raising the question in the YouView Community for a while now, to no great effect) until your concerted efforts.

I don’t know if the itv hub app on the various smart sticks need your postcode? And possibly has some way of getting it without explicitly asking you?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

It's taken a while to get past the front line Sony help desk defences. At last I have some hope that Sony and youview technical staff are engaged and have some desire to rectify this annoying issue. 😂