Join now - be part of our community!

Controlling Sound MT300 Audio Level from KD49XF8577?

profile.country.GB.title
barabob
Explorer

Controlling Sound MT300 Audio Level from KD49XF8577?

I have just purchased this TV and also soundbar MT300. As there is no HDMI connection on the soundbar I am using the optical connection. I wish to control the soundbar audio from the TV remote by using the IR Blaster feature, however, when I follow the procedure my TV does not recognise my Sony soundbar. Please advise how this can be set up as I can't believe that a new Sony TV and soundbar are incompatible. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there, 

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I'm looking into this for you and will update the thread when I've more info.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi barabob,

I found the following article from Sony that says you can only use the IR Blaser feature to control your TV and your set-top box if it supports the IR Blaster function. Here's the article:  https://bit.ly/2Lz9SOv

I've checked the available features for your soundbar. It doesn't seem like it supports this function. Hence, I don't think they can be controlled by using only one remote.

Vanila_

profile.country.GB.title
barabob
Explorer

Thank you.
profile.country.GB.title
barabob
Explorer

Thanks again Vanilla_. It's very disappointing that Sony has failed to provide this basic function on their TV remote control. They provide the IR blaster function but can't control their own equipment. I've spent over £800 here and made an assumption (perhaps I shouldn't have!) that I could adjust the volume of the sound bar, particularly when you consider all the other functions and interconnectivity the TV has. Not so 'smart' eh! Perhaps I should have bought Samsung, theirs works.

The soundbar fits nicely between the TV legs, which is one of the reasons I went for this model, so it's rather annoying. Thanks for taking time out to reply.

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi barabob, 

I'll try to pass your  feedback regarding this matter to Sony.

Thanks,

Vanilla_