Join now - be part of our community!

Catch up not working On android tv with youview

profile.country.GB.title
Davidddt77
Explorer

Catch up not working On android tv with youview

I can't get the youview catch up facility to work. The menu scrolls back in time ok but when I select a program marked with the play arrow I'm just thrown Bach to the current program being broadcast live on that channel. Anybody got any suggestion that would resolve this issue. My broadband works ok and I can play the iPlayer as an app but not through youview.

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Gazbag7
Explorer

I gave up with YouView on the TV, partly because of this issue but also the fact you cant record to an external hard drive using YouView

profile.country.GB.title
Talljed

I've had issues with youview for the last couple of days with XH9505 tv. The guide preview wouldn't load and I couldn't use the guide to launch on demand. Posted some messages on the youview community forum and support suggested retuning the TV. I did that along with a restart and it's all working again. I did notice on google play store that youview app updated this week, and there is a notice saying it doesn't work with certain Sony TV models. 

"We are aware of compatibility issues with this app on some Sony TVs. If you have a 2018 / 2019 Sony TV (XG80 XG85 XG95 AG8 AG9 ZG9) it will not function properly. Please do not download the app until further notice"