Join now - be part of our community!

XH90 HDMI soundbar - no sound / reboots after firmware update and temporary fix

profile.country.GB.title
jezzafisher
Explorer

XH90 HDMI soundbar - no sound / reboots after firmware update and temporary fix

Hi - I just had something casting from to the native chromecast tech. Soundbar audio working fine. Then pressed Netflix button on the remote and tried to play something. No sound, but a low crackle coming from the soundbar. Then turned the TV off with the remote, it clicked twice and rebooted itself.

Rebooted - selected netflix with the remote, no sound from soundbar still. Tried powering off soundbar - TV speakers working then. Turning it back on, still no sound from soundbar.

No apps now have any sound. Switching between tv / soundbar output modes makes no difference.

The only thing that worked was switching eARC mode from Auto to OFF then back to Auto.. now sound works again via soundbar...

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi jezzafisher,

Our engineers are currently looking into this issue.

Meanwhile please try if keeping eARC disabled does solve the issue.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
jezzafisher
Explorer

Thanks Peter, I'll leave it switched off and report back if anything happens again.

profile.country.GB.title
jezzafisher
Explorer

Hi - eARC off irrelevant now - Soundbar doesn't work at all, just crackles.  I dont have any red herring (?) apps intalled, eg tunein.

profile.country.GB.title
jezzafisher
Explorer

I've unplugged the HDMI now and resorted to connecting to it via bluetooth, which works pretty well surprisingly