Join now - be part of our community!

Catch up not working On android tv with youview

profile.country.GB.title
Davidddt77
Explorer

Catch up not working On android tv with youview

I can't get the youview catch up facility to work. The menu scrolls back in time ok but when I select a program marked with the play arrow I'm just thrown Bach to the current program being broadcast live on that channel. Anybody got any suggestion that would resolve this issue. My broadband works ok and I can play the iPlayer as an app but not through youview.

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Davidddt77 and welcome to the community,

I am just looking into this for you and hope to come back to you shortly (unless someone else on the forum has experience with this issue and beats me to it of course :)).

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi again @Davidddt77,

Have you tried the steps outlined on the YouView Troubleshooting Guide yet?  If not, here are the steps for the Why is my On Demand player not working? section:

To use the On Demand player, you'll need to have the latest Sony TV software. To check this, make sure your TV is connected to the Internet then follow these instructions.

Click for instructions:

Standard remote
1. Press the HELP button.
2. Navigate down and select System Software Update.
3. Choose Check for a system software update. If an update is available your TV will start to download it.

Touchpad remote
1. Press the HOME button.
2. Scroll down to the Settings section and choose Help.
3. Scroll down and select System Software Update.
4. Choose Check for a system software update. If an update is available your TV will start to download it.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
Cass

I have the same problem, internet connection checks out ok, all apps connect ok and have installed latest software and re-booted TV, still no catch up facility on the Youview guide. Am deeply frustrated with this and considering taking a hammer to it!

profile.country.GB.title
Golfather1953
New

I have a similar problem as I cannot get ITV1 on catch up.

any ideas

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Where do you live?

If you are in Scotland, you have to use the STV player instead of the ITV one.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Golfather1953
New

I live in South Wales and cannot find a fix for this problem.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

OK, not Scotland then.

I am assuming you have tuned your TV to the broadcast channels? The itv region that you will be served is driven off this, so the tuning is needed.

There was initially an issue where YouView apparently thought that some bits of England and Wales were in Scotland, but that should be over long ago. Though you can check this by seeing if you can access STV.

But whatever, as this is seemingly a problem with the YouView software, I suggest you log on to the YouView forum and raise the issue there, where the developers of the software may be able to give you more specific help.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Gazbag7
Explorer

Same problem here. Been on to Sony support  Two months later and still being told they are waiting for someone to look into it  Very disappointing from what I previously regarded as a good company 

profile.country.GB.title
chrishabberley
New

I know its been ages @Davidddt77 @rogethedodge @Golfather1953 @Gazbag7 

I have this problem on my 2019 AG9. Did you get tothe the bottom of why clicking on the shows with the Play arrow doesn't work to Catchup with YouView?