Join now - be part of our community!

Built in apps not playing on my new Sony tv

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
claredrews

Built in apps not playing on my new Sony tv

Just bought a Sony tv purely to get catchup channels as my previous Sony tv only had BBC iplayer. The apps for itvhub, Channel 4 and my5 apps are all there. The only one that will play programmes is BBC iplayer. The other apps will play the adverts and then stops before the programmes starts. Very frustrating. Help anyone???? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Glad it's working - they should put something in the FAQ tbh as there are regular posts on here re itv and ch4 issues that can be solved via accepting the terms and conditions

RE ch4 I don't recall sync issues - may just be a temporary  glitch on that program 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi @claredrews which tv we are talking about?

profile.country.GB.title
claredrews

Hi. Tv is Sony Bravia KD43XG8305 (2019) LED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart Android TV, 43" with Freeview HD & Youview. I have tried everything. I don't think it's an Internet issue as the apps play but then stops before the programme starts, just get the adverts at the beginning. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You have youview activated and an aerial connected, right?

profile.country.GB.title
claredrews

Yes, is there something else I have to do with Youview to get the apps to play?? 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You have to ensure that also the network is working right. I suggest you to assign a static IP to your tv and set a DNS that is not supplied by your ISP (a public one like 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 should do).

profile.country.GB.title
claredrews

Sorry, I don't understand any of that. Too techy for me I'm afraid. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I know it is not easy during the quarantine and please be careful and #stayathome . But I suggest you get in contact with some friend of yours that can help you step by step checking the network settings. It may not solve this problem but will help you have a more stable network connection anyway. What you can do is try resetting the tv by pressing and holding the poweroff button, but it is unlikely it will solve if BBC iplayer is  working. But you can try

profile.country.GB.title
claredrews

Thanks. To be honest. I'd rather return the tv. It's not performing as it should. Feel very let down by Sony. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm sorry you feel like that, you admitted not to know anything about networking but you claim it is a Sony fault.... remember that any other TV you will connect to your network will require networking knowledge