Join now - be part of our community!

BRAVIA KD-55AG8 turns off after few seconds after turning on

profile.country.LT.title
basicreplay
Explorer

BRAVIA KD-55AG8 turns off after few seconds after turning on

I'm using this TV for quite some time and everything was perfect. Recently I noticed that after turning TV on after night it turns on, shows Apple TV interface and turns off after few seconds. After turning on once more, there's no problems anymore till the next day. I'm using Apple TV and ATV remote to operate. I believe it started happening after I started getting those annoying "NO WIFI" banner notifications, so I turned all Android services via apps menu etc. Yesterday I did complete reset on my TV and I still have same problem unfortunately. I believe that 100% software issue. Any ideas? Thanks.

Tags (3)
20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

It sounds like an Apple TV problem, by the sounds of it you have the box plugged in. Unplug Apple TV and redo the Factory Reset. Then us the Apple TV App see if that helps...

profile.country.GB.title
skerridge
Explorer

My KD 55A1 does a similar thing.  I start watching and after a few seconds the sound goes and then a few seconds later it reboots.  This happens maybe 1 in 3 times when I turn on and very occasionally mid programme.  It started a couple of months ago after a Sony update.  I have tried new batteries in the remote and a reset but still have the problem.  All very annoying!

profile.country.LT.title
basicreplay
Explorer

Not sure about Apple TV. When I turn off TV, after some time (1-4hrs) I hear loud CLANK sound, same sound you hear when you turn off your TV. After you get that sound, TV does what I described in my OP post. That sound was before but no problems with turning on TV. I will try to use SONY remote next instead of using ATV's, so maybe that will solve the problem but neverthenless I think this is Firmware problem or something like that.

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

That a solenoid switch, it's magnetic, that's why the noise...maybe that's broken, you have them in cars and they break in cars so maybe...hey I'm guessing here just so you know...lol. is it under Guarantee? I have a 5 year Guarantee on mine, do you have the same? Mines the AG9 and I see someone posted with an A1, I bet they all have the solenoid power switch...

profile.country.LT.title
basicreplay
Explorer

Unfortunately I had only 2 years of guarantee and it's just expired in September lol. This is strange, why TV will turn off after few seconds while being "cold" but will turn on second time with no problems. I will try to turn on TV with SONY remote instead Apple TV tomorrow, maybe that would help. Everything was fine until I started messing with Android TV apps while trying to fix "NO WIFI CONNECTION" banner problem.

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

It could definitely be a 3rd party app, I had one that destroyed Android on the TV everything stopped working properly but you've done a factory reset. I would definitely unplug all the Apple TV stuff and hardwire the Internet if you can..

profile.country.LT.title
basicreplay
Explorer

So I was turning on my TV strictly with SONY remote since Thursday and everything is perfect: I turn on TV, then turn on ATV with Apple remote. This could be Apple TV problem, however I've read that people started having same issues with "Sky Q" remote in September after Bravia firmware update.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey basicreplay, that's great to hear! Thank you for updating the thread.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey skerridge, that's a totally different problem. Try the below workaround:
Disable the Samba Services Manager
-Go to [Home] → [Settings] → [Device preferences] → Samba Interactive TV.
Confirm if "Samba Interactive TV" is enabled or disabled. Log this information in the case.
Note: there's no need to disable Samba Interactive TV in this setting; this is for information only.
-Then, go to [HOME] → [Settings] → [Apps]
-Locate “Samba Services Manager”
Note: if not found in all apps, click on ‘Show system apps’
-Press OK when the “Samba Services Manager” is highlighted
-Select Disable and confirm with OK in the next window