Join now - be part of our community!

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

Hi

I updated my TV to Oreo, it's working fine except that after a long period of standing by, when I turn the TV on, it will show the Home Screen for 1 sec, then it reboots it self, it shows Sony logo then Android logo animation, it taks 1 min or so to boot.

If I hit power to go to standby and turn it back on again, or in a short amount of time, it won't reboot itself, I only notice this after a long period of time of stand by, e.g. turn on TV next day, it will go to this boot cycle.

My setup:

XF9005 on Oreo V6.5830 android, connect Sonos Beam with ARC, connected to internet by Wifi

Sony could you confirm if this is a known bug in the update?

195 REPLIES 195
profile.country.GB.title
Woody1001

@Rico112 yes it works fine when using optical adapter as long as you have the remote enabled on Sonos Beam but my Sonos Beam is not directly below the TV and sometimes the Sonos doesn't pick up the tv at the same time so throws the volume out. Plus I want it to work the way it did before the update not have to use a workaround.

Can I also ask please is your Samsung Soundbar showing up as a Bravia Sync device on your TV settings and is it enabled? My Sonos Beam shows up and as previously mentioned it can't be disabled.

profile.country.NL.title
Rico112

@Woody1001 i do understand ur problem i dont like a workaround but i wish we can rollback to android 7. i can also not turn of bravia sync whit my samsung soundbar yes it show up als Sumsung device but if i turn off my samsung soundbar whit the remote than can i turn it of bravia sync. but reason what i think wy u can not turn off bravia sync ofcoure u use bravia sync whit sonos beam and the sonos beam do not have a remote to turn it of maybe is that also the reason thats what i think

profile.country.GB.title
Woody1001

I spoke to Sony today and they are sending who an engineer (again) who will take it away to repair and if can't be fixed they will offer replacement. What I don't understand is how they will test it without my Sonos Soundbar (which I am not letting them takeaway)

profile.country.US.title
Conodihno

let them take your tv, if they dont fix it you can add that up to all the
things you tried to do as the told you to do. At a certain point they cant
do anything else but to replace it. In my case with a XG model instead of a
XE.

fingers crossed
profile.country.GB.title
Talljed

Let them take the TV, I doubt they will be able to resolve. The same happened with me and they finally offered me a replacement TV, which is so much better.

profile.country.NL.title
Rico112

@Woody1001 u have install also the latest update ?

profile.country.GB.title
Woody1001

@Talljed but I know they won’t be even able to replicate the problem unless they have a Sonos Beam (some people say they have no problem with a Samsung sound bar) and the technician told me last time when he came out that it was a Sonos problem as you t didn’t happen without the Sonos connected 🤬. As you say I’ll do as they say and see what happens. Just means I’m without a tv in a pandemic 🙄 could be worse I suppose!

profile.country.NL.title
Rico112

@Woody1001  do not get me wrong i know there come a big update from sonos this mont or next month maybe this wil fix also the problem. 

profile.country.GB.title
wingston

That's what I am hoping for as well but I am very sceptical 

profile.country.GB.title
pautaylo4
Explorer

Just as a matter of interest, I too have a 49XF9005 with a Sonos Beam attached to the ARC port and was suffering from constant re-boots as well as the soundbar not always coming on when the TV was brought out of standby.

About a week ago I went into the TV's menu to check for updates and it found one. Since that update has been installed, I have had neither problem.

Just saying.