Join now - be part of our community!

48A9 - Bug - Freesat Series Record

profile.country.GB.title
sphaleron
Explorer

48A9 - Bug - Freesat Series Record

Hello,

I have recently purchased a 48A9 and have discovered an annoying bug with the Freesat Series Record function. Say for example I use the EPG to set a future series recording of a TV show aired weekly on Ch101 (BBC ONE W Mid). Rather than the TV recording on Ch101 the show instead gets recorded on Ch957 (BBC ONE NI). The EPG recording status icon (pink clock symbol) also shows up on Ch957, even though I selected Ch101. This is just one example of many others. It is worth noting this problem does not occur for an individual timer record, only a series timer record.

To try and get around this issue I used the Channel Delete utility and manually deleted all the surplus BBC ONE channels in my list, apart from my local Ch101 (BBC ONE W Mid). However even with Ch957 'deleted' the series record function still defaults to this channel! So it seems the act of deleting a channel only makes it invisible on the EPG, it is still stored in a channel list on the TV and accessible to the series record function.

I've tried a factory reset etc but to no avail. Any advice would be much appreciated. Are Sony responsive to software bug reports and proactive in fixing them?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi Sphaleron,

I would assume that you have tried to download the latest software already, if you did so you can contact Sony reps and report this bug to them, hopefully they will fix it in the next update.

profile.country.GB.title
sphaleron
Explorer

Yes, the latest software is running. I have now raised this issue with Sony so hopefully we will see a fix in the next software update.