Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO POS VISTA SUCKS APPLE HERE WE COME

bek33
Visitor

VAIO POS VISTA SUCKS APPLE HERE WE COME

Normally I expect some feedback from dedicated users who are believers in the expensive stuff which they have bought. With Club Vaio nothing! Which indicates that you all know that this stuf is crap, that TZ21's can't work with vista and office 2007 and that we should all switch to Apple.

Discuss,

PSD Anybody want a cheap POS from SONY, call me....

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Perhaps you should be more specific if you are expecting a response. General comments like "VAIO POS VISTA SUCKS APPLE HERE WE COME" seldom get any replies.

Obviously, "Trusted Reviews" don't agree with you as they made the TZ their 'Best Notebook 2007'.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/notebooks/review/2008/04/14/Sony-VAIO-VGN-TZ31MN-Ultra-Portable-Notebo...

Have you tried a Full Recovery back to factory settings to see if that will help? Sometimes the initial install is not perfect and a Full Recovery can help! The other thing to consider is that Vista uses more system resources than XP ever did.

Have you tried turning off or replacing Norton? It is a massive resource hog and is particularly pathetic when using Office.

However, you have to accept some compromises in a laptop of that size with such a long battery life. The U7500 processor running at 1.06 GHz and the GMA950 Graphics are part of the choice you have made in choosing this model. There are obviously some performance issues if you try to play today's modern games but as far as I am aware, no-one has complained that it is not OK with the usual business applications such as Office.

There is a downgrade option back to XP that you may like to look at here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/os/xp/downgrade/index.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&m=2829

which would speed up your Vaio but has disadvantages unless you have a spare XP license.

Perhaps other TZ users can offer some suggestions - there are plenty of them out there who do not appear to have a problem.

If I recall correctly, your original post was looking for people who AGREED with you - so a lack of response indicates to me that nobody agrees with your comments.

:slight_frown:

sraikos
Visitor

Normally I expect some feedback from dedicated users who are believers in the expensive stuff which they have bought.  With Club Vaio nothing!  Which indicates that you all know that this stuf is crap, that TZ21's can't work with vista and office 2007 and that we should all switch to Apple.

Discuss,

PSD Anybody want a cheap POS from SONY, call me....

Do not seek to bring things to pass in accordance with your wishes, but wish for them as they are, and you will find them.

When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.
Regards

profile.country.en_GB.title
SMP-Net
Visitor

Im sure its not the Sony product but the MS Vista that is the real issue here.

So how much for the cheap POS ???

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

So how much for the cheap POS ???

:smileyshocked::smileyconfused:

This thread is over two and a half years old & bek33 hasn't been active on the forum for some time..