Join now - be part of our community!

PCG-8x1m (VGN-AR31??) Issues

profile.country.en_GB.title
rinewby86
Visitor

PCG-8x1m (VGN-AR31??) Issues

Im desperate for some help -

All of a sudden my SD card has stopped working and so have all the shortcut buttons around my keyboard. The AV mode wont work either.

I cant seem to find the drivers/files for these things??? Theyve disappeared.

Ive looked in the download section to try and reinstall them, but i cant find the right drivers.

Im using Vista.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Can you give us the exact model type - it will start VGN- and you will find it on the screen surround?

VAIO Model.png

:thinking:

rinewby86
Visitor

Ah, just found it. Its VGN - AR31M.

Id really appreciate your help Blencogo.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hopefully it is just the drivers and utilities that have stopped functioning but it seems odd that all these things should happen at once and I wonder if something else has caused these problems..

You can download the Original Drivers Package and the Original Utilities Package from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-AR31M

Both these .zip files will need extracting by right-clicking on the .zip and chooseng 'Extract All'.  Extract the files to a folder where you can find them. (C:\ is as good as any).

For the SD Card, you need to reinstall the Memory Card Driver from the Drivers Package.  For the Fn Keys you need to install the following - in order - from the Utilities Package: -

1. Sony Utils DLL
  2. Sony Shared Library
  3. Setting Utility Series
  4. Vaio Event Service

Have a look in Device Manager and see if any of the hardware devices have a yellow ! warning next to them.  This will tell you if other drivers need to be reinstalled.

:wink:

rinewby86
Visitor

Thanks Blencogo!

Seems to have done the trick! I really appreciate your help.

Could you help me out with one more thing.

My internet connection is terrible - its intermittent - sometimes good, sometimes limited connection.

I have another laptop, and the internet connection is perfect.

Any suggestions on how to sort that out??