Join now - be part of our community!

Intervideo WinDVD error when playing BlueRay DVD on TV

JulianRH
Visitor

Intervideo WinDVD error when playing BlueRay DVD on TV

I have recently purchase a AR41S with the BlueRay disc player and Sony KDL40W2000 HD TV connected to the laptop via the HDMI port. When I try to play a BlueRay disc I get an error message in the Interviodeo winDVD BD window "Stop. Your display environment does not support protected content playback". The TV works fine with an ordinary DVD, the problem only occurs with BlueRay DVDs. If I start the DVD with the TV already connected I get perhapss 2-3 secs of picture in teh Win DVD window before the error message appears and teh window goes blank. The rest of the laptop screen is still displayed on the TV.

Sony presales support have said that it should work, all the marketing literature suggest this is a standard configuration so I am thoroughly disgruntled with Sony at the moment having spent a large amount of cash on something that won't work as stated.

Any suggestions.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi JulianRH and welcome to Club Vaio.

You are right, it should work out of the box with a Sony HD Display. All I can suggest are the following: -

Check the HDMI Port input settings on the TV. It sounds as if it is not recognising the TV as HDCP Capable. Check 2-channel PCM sound is selected.
What version of WinDVD BD do you have installed - is there an update? Are you using Intervideo WinDVD BD 8.0.8.246? This is the most likely cause.
What Region Code is your BD Drive set to in WinDVD BD? It is often set to USA as the default. What Region is the disc you are trying to play.

Sorry I can't be more specific - it should work OK.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Have a look atr this threadhere

jpearn
Visitor

Make sure you have the latest version of WinDVD from the VAIO update.

Next goto http://www.autopatcher.com/downloads/ and get the latest Vista updates. There are 2.

You're shipped versions of the Geforce drivers are way out of date, goto http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showforum=72 and get the 163.16 Vista 32-bit drivers with the modified .inf to add to this file. If you have problems with this let us know as there are plenty of people to help here.

This will update your system to post mid 2007 and should make your BD playback much easier. If not feel free to ask again :slight_smile:

Jason.

JulianRH
Visitor

Thanks for the advice. I have checked the TV settings to see if there is an option re HDCP but cannot find anything. I hav downloaded teh latest updates from teh Sony site including WinDVD 8.08.246 as suggested. All that happened was the screen defaulted to basic resolution. Got back to normal and tried all the display options, single, multiple, clone etc with no effect. As soon as I start to play the DVD I get the error message after 2-3 secs of picture display. Most frustrating.

profile.country.en_GB.title
jammills6
Visitor

I had the same problem and now understand what is happening.

The error message refers to the fact that you are trying to run WIN DVD on two monitors - the laptop screen

and the TV - which the copy protection software regards as an attempt to make illegal copies.

The answer is really simple.

Link your laptop up to your TV with HDMI cable - you should see your wallpaper on the TV.

Open WINDVD and put DVD or Blue Ray in drive but DONT click on play.

Then close your laptop lid to shut down your laptop screen. You should still be able to see the computer on the TV.

Then using a mouse simply click play on WINDVD on the TV and it should play without any problems.

It does require a seperate mouse but it worked for me

I hope this helps or at least steers you in the right direction