Join now - be part of our community!

How to recover my vaio? Tried everything!

profile.country.en_GB.title
brendanbensley
Visitor

How to recover my vaio? Tried everything!

Hi everyone. I hope you are can help..

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AR71E. Lately, my windows updates has failed and numerous programs are not working. This includes the Vaio Security Centre, which brings up a error box: Launcher.exe - Bad Image = "C:\Program Files\Sony\Vaio Recovery\VaioGUILibrary.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error". These are the files that describe my problem:

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Users\Brendan & Gurlee\AppData\Local\Temp\WER119C.tmp.version.txt

C:\Users\Brendan & Gurlee\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2443.tmp.appcompat.txt

C:\Users\Brendan & Gurlee\AppData\Local\Temp\WER284A.tmp.mdmp

Read that I could reload vista from F10, but when I try doing this, nothing happens, just the blinking white line on the top left hand corner.

I don't have any discs. Is there any thing I can do to resolve?

Your help with much appreciated.

Thanks

Brendan

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
peshyxp
Visitor

There are  a number of ways to access the Sony Recovery Utility software

It should appear under All Programmes

Alternatively it can be accessed by hitting the F10 key whilst the laptop is booting up

If neither of these work then the recovery partition may have been deleted in which case your only option is to buy the recovery dvds from Sony (Not recommended!) or borrow someone elses if they have exactly the same model or better option would be to do a clean install of Windows 7 which you can buy relatively cheaply online

You can check if the recovery partition is intact by going to Control Panel / System Sec / Admin Tool /  Computer Management / Storage / Disc Management

You should then see your C drive with approx 11gb greyed out area titled "Recovery Partition" which represents the recovery partition. If this doesnt appear then its been deleted and you will have to do a clean install of the operating system unless you can get hold of the recovery discs

Bit of warning - ordering these from Sony will drive you nuts and cost you an arm and a leg £40ish

Their online support system is beyond a joke especially when dealing with something as simple as ordering a recovery disc

Good luck