Join now - be part of our community!

Google Play Store

Jetsz
Visitor

Google Play Store

Hi all. I need some advice here  I've sent my phone on for warranty to Hong Kong and I've collected my phone back. However, my phone now doesn't have any Google stuff in it. When I first purchased this XZ1 phone, it has Google play store in it, now it went missing. I've been trying to install it using APK file but it kept on crashing. This is a Chinese XZ1 I believe.  Seeking for kind advice. Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

as far as I know . Devices sold in mainland china does not support google apps and services. 

can you try to connect your device to Sony companion. to see if it recognizes the software installed?

Jetsz
Visitor

Yes. I'm thinking of connecting my phone to Sony Companion. Might try to update or reset via the software. Thanks. Its weird though, when I first bought it, Google play store was in it. After sending back for warranty, it's gone.. Frankly speaking, it's kinda frustrating. Lol. 

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

Hi @Jetsz;

Try checking the costumization version of your firmware in the service menu (*#*#7378423#*#*) to see if it is Chinese version or Hong-Kong version (they might have changed it during repair). 

Jetsz
Visitor

Thanks. I did as you suggested . I'm guessing it is using China software now....any idea what can I do now? 

Screenshot_20190810-223628.png

@NunoSEN2 wrote:

Hi @Jetsz;

Try checking the costumization version of your firmware in the service menu (*#*#7378423#*#*) to see if it is Chinese version or Hong-Kong version (they might have changed it during repair). 

Jetsz
Visitor

Odd.. The picture is not loading... It says phone software version is 1308-1033_47.2.A.10.80

CHINADS-LTE4D - user.

That's the one, right?

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

@Jetsz;

Can't see the pictures until they get approved but if you have the Chinese version (if your phone is the Dual SIM version G8342 under the Costumization version you should have 1310-6619), the solution is flashing a firmware from another country, but I would advise complaining to the repair service. 

Jetsz
Visitor

Yeah..  It shows 1310-6619_R17C.

I've already dropped an email to the service centre in Hong Kong.. Another option is to try the local authorised service centre at my area. Flashing would render my phone vulnerable? Apologies, I'm new to flashing phone software. 

Thanks for the advise. 

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

@Jetsz; as long as the bootloader is not unlocked and the device is not rooted I don't supose is any problem, but as I said I would advise an autorised repair center to do it. 

Jetsz
Visitor

Thank you