Join now - be part of our community!

Dialer app still white after Android 10 update

SOLVED
MTK87
Visitor

Dialer app still white after Android 10 update

After the latest update to Android 10 on XZ3 it seems that all menus are on a dark theme but the dialer app. This still appears white, any ideas on how to switch to dark mode in the dialer app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi @MTK87, sorry for the late reply.

In our latest model, the Xperia 5 we are using the Google phone application instead of the Xperia one and the same goes for the Contacts application.

I don't know if this is the reason for why the Xperia phone and contacts apps are not updated and I'm not sure how it will be in future models either.

I will forward the feedback of course, but I don't know if they will be updated or not.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jonas
Master

Hi @MTK87, welcome to our forum!

The Xperia phone application does not support dark mode, that is the reason for why it's not turning dark even when you enable dark mode.

If you want to have a dialer that supports dark mode, have a look in the Google Play store and see if you find any dialer that you like and that supports dark mode.

Have a nice day! Slightly_smiling_Face

MTK87
Visitor

Thank you for your reply @Jonas, to be honest I would have expected Sony to update all of the apps to support dark mode so I wouldn't have to search for third party ones that do that. Any plans on Sony's side to update this one or ?

Have a great day as well! Slightly_smiling_Face

Jonas
Master

Hi @MTK87, sorry for the late reply.

In our latest model, the Xperia 5 we are using the Google phone application instead of the Xperia one and the same goes for the Contacts application.

I don't know if this is the reason for why the Xperia phone and contacts apps are not updated and I'm not sure how it will be in future models either.

I will forward the feedback of course, but I don't know if they will be updated or not.