Join now - be part of our community!

Which Laptop to buy

profile.country.sk_SK.title
Trudko
Visitor

Which Laptop to buy

Hi guys I am posting quesiton here, because I was not able to find easy direct contact (email) for customers who wants to buy notebook - for Slovakia.

Quickly I am programmer and I want to buy new laptopt. Right know I want something like Dell Vostro 3450 SN11.3450.0004S - cost around 913 euro. My requiremenets.

Most important requiremenets

1. Power - I want Sandy Bridge I5 or I3(not sure how Turbo boost make difference), 4GB DDR3 Ram and fast HDD(7200 spins/min)
  2. Next business day repair. I want to make sure that if something goes wrong I will get help fast. I dont want to way 2 - 3 weeks to get my laptop back. I am willing to pay extra for this.
  3. Built in quaility - I dont want cheacp keybord, or cover which wears off pretty fast.
  4. Weight/size I am looking for smaller notebook which would be easy to carry. Thats why I choosed 14 inc notebook but I would be fine with 13 also

Important requirements.

1. Graphic Card. I want to play time to time but I am only intersted in one game - Starcraft 2 on medium details I have found Radeon 6630M to be ideal for this game so I am looking for something with similiar power. Built in Intel HD 3000 graphics is not bad but I would have to play the game on low details

Less Important requirements

1. Not shiny display. I will carry notebook out to the park especially when weather is nice so sun could be problem if display is shiny.
  2. Battery. Most of time notebook will be plugged in, but time to time I would like to work outside or in coffe shop, so if notebook could run for like 4 hours that would be great. Possibility is also buy extra battery.
  3. Size of HDD - right now I have Windows XP and 160GB and I have problem with it. Ideally I would go for 500B but I would be able to live with 320GB.

Not important at all.

CD/DVD mechanics and card reader. I dont need this

PS: Is there direct contact on sony in Slovakia where I can ask question like this? I only found questions for existing customers where I had to write model of notebook which I have quesiton about.

PPS: I am from Slovakia so take this into account.

Take care

0 REPLIES 0