Join now - be part of our community!

Volume +/- FN Key On Screen Graphic No Longer Displays

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jodcsmi
Visitor

Volume +/- FN Key On Screen Graphic No Longer Displays

I have a Windows 7 Sony VAIO. Recently the volume FN key has stopped bringing up the on screen graphic for +/- the volume (although I can still +/- the volume). However, the same for brightness and monitor selection still works and the on screen graphic comes up as expected.

I haven't made any recent changes although Windows Updates are set to be automatically installed. Is any one else experiencing this problem? I have tried reinstalling the Event Service (5.2.1.05130) but to no avail - as before.

Any help would be much appreciated! Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi jodcsmi,

You haven’t stated your model so it is difficult to give specific instruction but in general the following utilities and drivers need to be installed in order.

• Setting Utility Series
  • Sony Shared Library
  • VAIO Event Service
  • VAIO Control Center
  • Also, if you have installed your own OS, the SFEP driver needs to be correctly installed (first) in Device Manager for some models. If applicable, you will find this driver in the Original Drivers section.

It is strange that only the OSD for volume fails to work but try the above.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi jodcsmi,

You haven’t stated your model so it is difficult to give specific instruction but in general the following utilities and drivers need to be installed in order.

• Setting Utility Series
  • Sony Shared Library
  • VAIO Event Service
  • VAIO Control Center
  • Also, if you have installed your own OS, the SFEP driver needs to be correctly installed (first) in Device Manager for some models. If applicable, you will find this driver in the Original Drivers section.

It is strange that only the OSD for volume fails to work but try the above.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat