Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-NR38E will not connect to internet with VAIO SMART NETWORK application - help!!!

VGN-NR38E will not connect to internet with VAIO SMART NETWORK application - help!!!

Hi

I am trying to recondition my old VAIO VGN-NR38E laptop for my mum to use purely for internet browsing. 

I have done the factory restore process which has wiped all my files and reinstalled all the original apps the laptop shipped with.

The probelm is I cannot configure 'VAIO smart network' to connect to the internet over wifi.

I can connect to my wifi network, it accepts the code but I still cannot get online.

I have created a 'VAIO smart network' profile and switched to it but still no success.

I am using the full suite of original software shipped in about 2008 with the laptop so Im aware the software is old but the configuration worked at the time.

I have looked at updating the apps from sony site but there are so many to choose from not sure where to start.

I am desparate for some help with this Ive come to a dead end. Would really appreciate any advice.

A picture paints 1000 words so please see attached pics showing my current configuration.

Thanks

Jamie

IMAG1772.jpg

IMAG1773.jpg

IMAG1774.jpg

IMAG1775.jpg

IMAG1776.jpg

IMAG1777.jpg

IMAG1778.jpg

IMAG1779.jpg

0 REPLIES 0