Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio modell PCG-61317L died

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
Heli78
Visitor

Vaio modell PCG-61317L died

My Vaio just died on me.. had the laptop on my lap when all of the suddon it died and doesn't go on again.

Even took the battery out several times.. what's wrong with it? the battery was fully loaded.

My problem is that i bought it in NYC this summer so can't really go back to the store to reclame a new one.

Does european support help in these situtions? i bought it in august so the waranty is stil good.

Does anyone have  been thru a simmilar situation.?!

All tips are helpful at this point.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You are quoting an invalid model type and you will need the correct model to obtain Support.  Look on the screen surround - is there a model starting VPC********?

When you know the correct model, you can check if it has an International Warranty.  Most Vaios sold in the last 3 years do have this.  Have a look on the US Sony website here: -

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=eSupport...

There is one single number for the Vaio International Repair Service to cover all the following countries: -

Austria;  Belgium; Bulgaria; Czech Republic; Denmark; England;  Finland; France;  Germany; Greece; Hungary; Ireland; Italy; Luxemburg;  Netherlands;  Portugal; Romania; Russia; Slovakia; Spain; Sweden;  Switzerland

Your  Vaio MUST be Registered and must be within  the original warranty period.  Extended warranties do not qualify.

Telephone +32 (0) 2 200 3700 between 0800 and 1800 CET

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You are quoting an invalid model type and you will need the correct model to obtain Support.  Look on the screen surround - is there a model starting VPC********?

When you know the correct model, you can check if it has an International Warranty.  Most Vaios sold in the last 3 years do have this.  Have a look on the US Sony website here: -

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=eSupport...

There is one single number for the Vaio International Repair Service to cover all the following countries: -

Austria;  Belgium; Bulgaria; Czech Republic; Denmark; England;  Finland; France;  Germany; Greece; Hungary; Ireland; Italy; Luxemburg;  Netherlands;  Portugal; Romania; Russia; Slovakia; Spain; Sweden;  Switzerland

Your  Vaio MUST be Registered and must be within  the original warranty period.  Extended warranties do not qualify.

Telephone +32 (0) 2 200 3700 between 0800 and 1800 CET