Join now - be part of our community!

vaio care device manager errors

profile.country.en_GB.title
petliddl
Visitor

vaio care device manager errors

Hi all, could anyone explain how to find the errors in my windows device manager that vaio care keeps finding. i am running windows 8. My vaio is a SVE1512B1E. I should also say i have looked in device manager properties and cant see any fault codes. Thanks.

Message was edited by: petliddl

Message was edited by: petliddl

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi petliddl,

Do you have any more information on the errors that Vaio Care is reporting? If so someone may be able to advise further.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
petliddl
Visitor

Hi Rich, when i run vaio care it comes up with device manager errors but doesnt explain which ones. If you press the fix all button it takes me to windows device manager where as far as i can see shows no error codes. This is baffling and very annoying. If the vaio has found problems it should be able to direct me to them so i can fix them not leave me worrying and unable to repair them. I would expect better from Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi petliddl,

This is a new one on me and if there are no apparent problems visible in Device Manager I can’t think of any solution.

Someone that posted in a previous thread with a similar problem archived the warning messages. This removed the red flag but of course is not an ideal resolution.

Perhaps another member will have other suggestions?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
DrMopp

OK a six year old thread I know, but anyone found an answer - I have same problem on an SVE1513A4E running WIn 8.1 and Vaio Care 8.3.0.08220

I have been having the same problem for the past two years with the VAIO Care.  When I click on the Repair All for the Device Manager, it never shows which particular item has the error.  Extremely aggravating!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Spendwell

I used Windows 8.1 for 2 years and was very happy with it.

After a fresh install I quickly realised that my Vaio was functioning just fine without Vaio Care.

In fact....it was functioning just fine without all of the Vaio software with the exception of Vaio Control Centre.