Join now - be part of our community!

RAM Upgrade

profile.country.en_GB.title
Blue_Genie
Visitor

RAM Upgrade

Where can I get a Sony RAM upgrade for my NW21ZF and how can I get it fitted so my warranty is not affected?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Most of us here get our memory upgrades from Crucial.COM/UK because they guarantee compatibility.  You can upgrade to a maximum of 8GB (2X4GB) - have a look here: -

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/listparts.aspx?model=VAIO%20VGN-NW21MF%2FW&Cat=RAM

Upgrading your memory modules does not normally invalidate your warranty as long as you follow the instructions in your User Guide carefully. Have a look here (Pages 97 to 102)

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/Notebooks/NW2/NW2_H_EN.pdf

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Blue_Genie
Visitor

I tried Crucial but they do not have the match for my system.  I tried the Sony online support who inform me that they do not assist with upgrades so where do they expect you to modify your machine.  In terms of after sales service this is less than helpful.  Anybody have any experience of this and does anyone know what memory (make) is used?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you tried speaking to Crucial on the phone?

ALL VGN-NW21 Series Vaios use the same specification memory modules. Sony do not make memory and do not specify a maker for their RAM.  This is why everyone uses providers like Crucial.

:thinking: