polly.oneill
Visitor

PCG-5B1M

Help I cannot download sound software to my computer PCG-5B1M. Polly

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What sound software are you trying to download?

Also, can you please find the correct Vaio model - you are quoting an invalid model.  You will find the correct model on the screen surround.

Model.jpg

profile.country.en_GB.title
polly.oneill
Visitor

Sound is for Skype.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Polly,

Yes, you are right - it is a VGN-B1VP.

I have deleted your last post as some idiot has marked it as a 'correct answer' when it obviously is not!!!!  I apologise for this but if it is marked 'answered' incorrectly, nobody else will look at your problem.

You can download a user manual and software updates from the support pages for your model from here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-B1VP/updates

Are you still using the original Windows XP Operating System?

Tell us what you are trying to do and what you have tried?  I am not sure if you have an internal microphone on your model - have you tried a headset or an external microphone?  You do not usually need to download additional software - just Skype itself.

:thinking:

polly.oneill
Visitor

Hello, I have tried head set,updated Windows,Sony who did not seem to recognise this model number, PC World (who by the way more clueless than I). Now I am relying on  somebody's knowledge like yours.

Perhaps I should move into the 21st Century and just purchase a new computer!! I have been reluctant for many years to swap my IBM Think Pad, but as I recently Knelt on it, foolishly closing a window  I have damaged the screen beyond repair, I am unable so far to find a new screen.(You would probably say "why would you bother even looking")  .The dam thing is a relic and has become an antique!!!  Problem is I was happy with it. Polly

:thinking:  Me and you both!

polly.oneill
Visitor

Thanks for your reply, the model number is correct, other information:

the commputer is old, i can't find this model either.Polly

Ps.  I knelt on my last computer and split the screen, cannot find another one for the very old but reliabe IBM think pad, which is now an antique!!

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Removed Vaio serial number from post..