AceCobra1
Visitor

How to install XP after vista??

Any ideas ??

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I need some more info.

Did you install XP from your recovery disk, or is that a Vista recovery system?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi AceCobra1,

if your Vaio had XP installed when you bought it, you should be able to restore your Vaio back to it's original OS either by using the recovery disc's or if your Vaio has a HDD recovery partition you can tap F10 when starting you vaio as this would normally start the recovery process.. :wink:

Make sure you back-up important data first..

What model Vaio do you have?

jesnche
Visitor

Hi AceCobra,

I have a FZ18M and, obviously, with Vista. I'm triying to find a way to download to XP. First of all, don't exist drivers for other operative systems, only exist Vista Drivers. Moreover, I have tried to start the installation process with:

- knoppix 5.0 / knoppix 5.1
- Windows XP SP2
- Windows 2003 Server

In all cases I have found problems and I haven't found the way to remove Vista of my Vaio. I need help also x'D

What is your model?

wrighlly
Visitor

I'm about to try to install XP pro on my VGN- FZ21S.

I'll let you know

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

As you have a SATA hard drive, you will not be able to install XP simply as the XP installation disc does not contain the necessary SATA Drivers.

You will have to EITHER: -

Install the SATA drivers when you see the 'Welcome to Setup' screen by tapping F6 and loading the driver from a USB floppy disc drive

OR

Make a slipstreamed installation disc which contains the SATA Drivers using something like nLite: -

http://www.nliteos.com/nlite.html

For background, Google for 'Installing XP on a SATA Hard Drive'.

:wink: