Join now - be part of our community!

gps on vaio p11s1e

profile.country.ro_RO.title
65kikos
Visitor

gps on vaio p11s1e

i can't use the gps on my new vaio p11s1e. i tried all the settings,i reinstalled the "vaio location search"software, selected different com ports, etc.and nothing. software is starting, but could not "positioning not possible". could someboby help me. thanks

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Silly question - but have you turned on the GPS?

To use the GPS function
1 Turn on the WIRELESS switch.
2 Click the VAIO Smart Network icon on the taskbar.
3 Click the switch next to GPS to toggle it to On in the VAIO Smart Network window.

✍Driver software will be installed when you first activate the GPS function on the VAIO Smart Network.

:thinking:

profile.country.ru_RU.title
ascodts
Explorer

Install new version of switching utility from support site if you wont to turn on/off GPS without WiFi switched on.

profile.country.ro_RO.title
65kikos
Visitor

thanks, but i could'nt find "switching utility" on the support site. maybe some help with a link please?

profile.country.tr_TR.title
erfcalibur
Visitor

Same problem with same model. Could you find any solution ?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The switching utility is called 'Vaio Smart Network' - check you have the latest version 

VAIO Smart Network - 3.3.1.08110 Also available through VAIO Update 32 / 64 bits                              5.69 MB   09/09/2010

You can download it from the support site for your model here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?m=VPCP11S1E_W&l=en_GB

:thinking:

profile.country.tr_TR.title
erfcalibur
Visitor

Thanks for your suggestions. I had done all official win 7 and vaio updates. I checked that i have the latest version of vaio smart network utility. Any other recommendation ?