Join now - be part of our community!

Driver for SVT1122M2R

profile.country.RU.title
max_woody_ru

Driver for SVT1122M2R

Notbook Tap-11 (SVT1122M2R). 3G Modem drivers were lost (probably during upgrade Win8 - Win8.1). Device manager shows four Huawei Mobile Broadband Module, divers nor installed. There is no proper drivers at suport page (or I can't find it)

Where I can find it?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi max_woody_ru,

Is this by any chance the driver you are looking for?

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/preinstalled_drivers_win8_9414/SVT1122M2R

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.RU.title
max_woody_ru

Thank you

Unfortunately no changes, there is again four devices without drivers.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi max_woody_ru,

A contact within Sony has been asked to throw some light on the missing drivers. In the meantime can you check whether the drivers are available in Vaio Care > Advanced Tools> Recovery > Restore and Recovery > Reinstall Applications and Drivers (these instructions apply to Win 7 systems and I hope that Win 8 is a similar procedure).

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi max_woody_ru,

Apparently, for this model, Sony uses the (standard) embedded Windows drivers, so these are not available for download on the Support site. Note that this means that the drivers are included with the original delivered operating system.

Did you follow the Sony upgrade procedure from Windows 8 to 8.1 or did you carry out a clean install?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.RU.title
max_woody_ru

Unfortunately I didn't know about special 8 to 8.1 Sony upgrade procedure. I've use standart upgrade via Windows Store.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Unfortunately I haven’t been through the upgrade process from Windows 8 to 8.1 so am probably not the best member to advise you. However below is a link to the Sony upgrade procedure for Vaio computers.

http://community.sony.co.uk/sonyeu1/attachments/sonyeu1/pc_en_1/132225/1/Windows%208_1Upgrade_EU.pdf

If you identify a step that you have missed I suggest that your best recourse is to back up your personal data, return the machine to factory settings (Windows 8 OS) and then follow the recommended upgrade procedure. This will hopefully retain the 3G drivers.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat