Join now - be part of our community!

Can I change Hard disk size, graphic card & Processor of my Vaio VGN FZ21E ??

fahim_leon
Visitor

Can I change Hard disk size, graphic card & Processor of my Vaio VGN FZ21E ??

hey guys, any help or support will be appreciated, I got FZ21E about 20 months back, its quite old now ';( is there any way I can replace my processor core2duo T7250 to core2duo p8600 or higher ?? & can I replace my graphic card nvidia geforce 8400M GT to higher ??
as I got 160GB hard disk, Can I replace it with 320GB ??
I do like this laptop that's why I just wanted to have all the things in it,
Can I make any of above changes in it or its impossible ???
I'll be really thankful for your participation !!!!

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi fahim_leon and welcome to the forum.

There are very few things you can do to upgrade a Vaio Notebook. Upgrading the processor and graphics chip is a non starter as they are soldered to the motherboard.

Changing the hard drive and increasing memory size (unless you already have the max installed) is your best bet.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
fahim_leon
Visitor

right,thanks for your help,
I wish I could change my processor & graphic card, but anyways
Thanks Rich '')

profile.country.en_GB.title
MurdoD
Visitor

I do not beleive this is true and I would like a second or revised opinion.

From what I have found, you can replace the motherboard in this laptop... the board in question is the A1369753A MBX-165. However, as you can see (if you search for the motherboard) neither the CPU is present, nor is the graphics chip/memory size the same on each board (I have found 64mb, 128mb and 256mb versions).

The only reason I could think you have claimed the CPU is soldered is because there is possibly a version of this laptop with socket FCBGA6... hence soldered CPU. However, the A1369753A MBX-165 is Socket P, hence CPU being PINS.

So my next question is this.

I own a VGN-FZ21E (why else would i be posting on here!)

I want to replace the current CPU, which I understand to be the following:

Core 2 Duo T7250 2.0Ghz (2mb cache, 800mhz fsb, Socket P)

to a

Core 2 Duo T9600 ES 2.8Ghz (6mb cache, 1066MHz bus, Socket P)

Does anyone know if the motherboard in this laptop supports that CPU (i already know both CPU's are 65nm, standard voltage) and that the motherboard is capable of running 800MHz fsb up to 1066MHz fsb) so I guess it is purely down to Cooling and if the BIOS recognises the CPU...

Thanks for all / any advice!