Join now - be part of our community!

Beeping sound coming from my VIO VGX XL 201

profile.country.en_GB.title
zhukov
Visitor

Beeping sound coming from my VIO VGX XL 201

Hi there,

When i switch on my Sony  Vio VGX XL 201 I'm getting a beeping sound (all the same duration not some short and some long but it goes on continuously) and the computer isn't starting at all windowns isn't coming up nothing.

Looking at the beeping table it sounds like a memory error possibly? , but what kind of error and how do I try and fix it. Could anyone give a link to a manual which shows me how to open the computer and  re seat the ram.

Thanks,

llewelyn

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.it_IT.title
brewup
Visitor

Hi there!

Happy new year!I hope to fix your problem!

It should be a memory error, so you have to open the case.

Have a look on the manual in the support section, your product is the vgx xl 201. In the last part there are instruction on how to open the case.

Anyway is quite simple:

Unscrew the two screw at the top corners of the rear part of the case .

Then slide the cover back for about 1 cm and when it stoppes, pull  the cover  up:

i don't know your skill , but the memory slots are four, located near the video card!

Touch with the hands a metal part of the case, and then remove gently the memory banks! (you have to move the white stopper on one side);remove dust with a brush or with air, and start the computer again using only one memory bank at a time.

don't mind to close the case.

If your are luky , only one bank should be off.

If no way out with the two banks, try with a spare memory bank asking to a friend or a shop in order to try a 100% working memory!

I hope you will sort out with your problem!

PS sorry for my bad English!!

Regards

Francesco