Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to access internet suddenly

profile.country.en_GB.title
foolishgirl27
Visitor

Unable to access internet suddenly

Hello,

I've got a KDL - 40CX523 which up until the last few weeks/month I've watched programmes via iplayer and have had no problems.

Lately it regularly gives me 'this service cannot be accessed at this time' error code and when I refresh the internet connection it doesn't seem to be able to connect (although it will show one bar of status on the network page).

Looking at my router the intenet is working fine and my laptop, which I'm using in the same room has no internet problems.

I don't have the cables to try and connect it wired and my broadband provider is talktalk so not the best but the internet is working. Could it be a problem with the internet dongle plugged into the TV?

It seems strange that it was working fine until very recently and yet I can't think of anything that has changed.

Does the wi-fi need to be stronger for the TV than for my laptop?

Has anyone got any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As you rightly pointed out, the wireless signal needs to be stronger. I find with my mums TV/Dongle, it needs to be 3 bars (stable) for it to work correctly.

When my mums signal dropped below 3 bars, I used the break away USB cable that came with the dongle, to position it away from the TV and electronics. Problem was then rectified.

Hope that assists.