Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar HT-MT500 no power

profile.country.GB.title
n0deity
New

Soundbar HT-MT500 no power

Hi. I bought the Soundbar HT-MT500 ex-display about 1.5 years ago. Tried it this morning and it appears completely dead with no response when you press the built in power button on the top of the bar. I tried with different sockets and tried a new 3A fuse, still nothing.

I notice it uses a power pack, could this have gone? Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

It would be best to speak to the Support team about this here for further help.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
SePu68
Explorer

Hi,

I've had two motherboards fail on my HT-MT500. If you briefly get a blank screen instead of a home screen when you press the home button that might be the problem. 

I had a replacement motherboard installed by a Sony recommended repair centre in February 2020 and it has already failed in August 2020.

I'm disinclined to get it repaired a second time because searching online forums leads me to believe there is a fault in the model. You might be luckier than me, though.

Sony has discontinued the HT-MT500 and there is no similar alternative in the range now that supports HDMI Arc, so I'm looking elsewhere.

Good luck

profile.country.GB.title
n0deity
New

Thanks for your input! Last time I checked there was absolutely no power or response from the unit whatsoever. Not anything. So I would guess it relates to the power supply but I did try a new power pack and fuses, but still nothing.

Planning to take it to the repair centre soon but I'm guessing it could cost a lot.

Cheers,

Martin