Join now - be part of our community!

Aaaaargh!

profile.country.GB.title
FleetDive
New

Aaaaargh!

Ok, calming moment........

Here's the current issue:

I last registered a sony product about a decade ago. Since then I have had a few email addresses, one of which was taken away from me by freeserve or orange as it became. Now I have a sony TV purchased in Spain and want to register it. I tried to sign in to mysony only to find I had forgotten either email address or password. Tried a guess at one email address and asked to recover password but no mail received. Sony system not intelligent enough to advise me that that email add isn't registered. Clever number 1. Clever number 2 is that there's no link to "forgot your email address" like on some sites. Never mind says I. I will register again.

For "simplicity" (eating those words now) I choose to register in the UK. Great! All done!

Go to register new tv but it's not possible as it's not a UK model. (thought Sony were international)

Go to sign in on sony.es and it won't let me because Sony isn't that international and my account is in the UK. Clever number 3.

Clever number 4 is I go to register for this forum and discover my chosen username isn't available any more because of course I used it before with an old email address......... I know it's me because it's not likely to be a common one. So here I am again (you're all delighted to note) as a new me.

Not impressed Sony. Not so international at all methinx 😞

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @FleetDive,

if your old email adress doesn't exist anymore a "I forgot my email" option wouldn't be of any help.

I think the only people who can help you retireve your old account are @Owen_G or @Peter_S..

The mistake with trying to register your TV to your new UK account while you purchased it in Spain is on your side, not on Sonys side, since you assumed the "MySony" account is the same all over Europe.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
FleetDive
New

Nic the "I forgot my email option" would at least have clarified my position since it's entirely possible I used one of my newer email addresses.I will never know now though. Oh and yes my mistake thinking International meant errm....... Yeah. Still, I just discovered Amazon UK play a similar game so maybe I am just expecting too much of this global existence. They link up to amazon.eu except when there's a problem and you need support. Great! Anyway I'm over it now.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

FleetDive schrieb:

Nic the "I forgot my email option" would at least have clarified my position since it's entirely possible I used one of my newer email addresses.

It sounded like you were certain your account was linked to the lost adress.

FleetDive schrieb:

Anyway I'm over it now.

As I said - the community moderators might be able to restore your old account with the nickname you like.

- Nic

profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi FleetDive,

Please get in touch with our hotline - they should be able to help you finding your old account.

Here's the Spanish contact number: +34 917496388.

Anyway, no guarantee that it will be possible to recover your old account since you don't remember your mail address.

Cheers

Peter