Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-49XG9005 screws in back of tv

profile.country.GB.title
Jonmillar737

Sony KD-49XG9005 screws in back of tv

Hi guys. Nice to be part of the team. I’ve just bought a Sony  49” tv the KD-49XG9005 its awesome 😁

i have mounted the tv on a universal tv stand as I’m not a fan of the Sony  feet-stand. 
I have a question about the 4 screws on the back centre of the tv for an external mount stand. The Sony  manual says that “the screws are not supplied” but there ARE 4 screws that’s came with my tv.  They are holding my tv perfectly in position on my new stand. I’m just worried that perhaps these are not the correct screws and are not designed for the job? Whilst the tv seems securely attached to the stand, based on the manual saying that the screws are not supplied I’m terrified that these screws are not up to the job and my new tv could fall off? Could anyone please confirm that the screws that Sony supply are in fact fine for this very important job? They certainly look like they are but why would the manual say “screws not supplied”??

thanks in advance for any answers 👍

Cheers Jon  

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

M5L12 Screws are for the Stand...

Screenshot_20200419-120803_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Jonmillar737

Thanks, makes sense it’s just a bit odd that the screws arrived with the tv screwed  into the 4 holes  for the wall mount option. Perhaps the screws are for  either option? 

Cheers Jon 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

No it's really strange, maybe the TV was exposed and they used those screws, or it is a refurbished product.

profile.country.GB.title
Jonmillar737

Brand new from John Lewis!

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

However, I would not use them, instead I would use those of the purchased support (which should be supplied).
profile.country.GB.title
Jonmillar737

I agree. I’m going to change them over. Thanks for taking the time to reply I really appreciate it!

Cheers Jon