Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-49XF9005 UHD Issues

profile.country.GB.title
Paul-M
Explorer

Sony KD-49XF9005 UHD Issues

Hello.

I have a Bravia KD-49XF9005 television running through a Sony STR-DN1080P receiver. I am also using a virgin Media V6 box. I have connected to the HDMI/ARC input using good quality high speed hdmi cables.

For some reason I can access the BBC iplayer HDR test through the TV menu and the TV is flagging that it is an HDR signal, however although the BBC Dynasties series is telling me on iplayer that it is UHD this is not being picked up as UHD on the picture menu. I can access all of the UHD Netflix programs, HDR, Dolby Vision etc.

Also the 4k channels on the V6 box (BT Sport, Virgin 4k channel) are not flagging up as UHD. However I can receive a UHD signal on BBC iplayer through the V6 box. I have looked at both the TV settings as well as the hdmi settings on the receiver and have set the enhanced hdmi features to standard as setting to enhanced switches UHD off completely.

Are there any further hdmi settings on either the TV or receiver that I am missing?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Paul-M
Explorer

I thought that I would re-post after looking at some of the settings. It seems I can get 4k however UHD, 4k programmes on Netflix and BBC iPlayer are not flagging as such on the tv. When getting up the info from Netflix it is telling me that it is 2160. However HDR, Dolby Vision programmes are flagging on the tv. Has anyone else had this issue, looking at previous threads I've come across similar problems that other people have encountered and maybe there is a fix.

profile.country.GB.title
iany59
New

Recently I bought SONY BRAVIA KD-65XF8796. It’s got 2 satellite tuners (main and sub). When connected both main and sub sat tuners to 2 sat dishes separately by coaxial cables set for tuning / searching the sat programmes, only main sat tuner was detected. There was no sub tuner detection even if I swapped the coaxial cables.

Is the sub sat tuner inactive or some other way to make it ‘’alive ‘’.

What’s the sub sat tuner for then ?

Recently I bought SONY BRAVIA KD-65XF8796. It’s got 2 satellite tuners (main and sub). When connected both main and sub sat tuners to 2 sat dishes separately by coaxial cables set for tuning / searching the sat programmes, only main sat tuner was detected. There was no sub tuner detection even if I swapped the coaxial cables.

Is the sub sat tuner inactive or some other way to make it ‘’alive ‘’.

What’s the sub sat tuner for then ?