Join now - be part of our community!

SONY 4K HDR ANDROID 400HZ KD43D8099BU

Gordino21
New

SONY 4K HDR ANDROID 400HZ KD43D8099BU

I have owned many Sony products over the years and in general I was satisfied with their reliability and performance.

Unfortunately things changed and to be honest, I would not now recommend any Sony product based on my recent experience.

On Black Friday 29/11/2016, I bought a Sony 4k HDR android tv - see model number above.

I was given a manufacturer's 5 year guarantee and boy, did I need it!

After 3 and a bit years it 'packed up' and I was given a replacement - different new model - KD-43XH8096.

This 'new' replacement TV lasted for just over 18 months when the PCB (mother board) had to be replaced! The repair would have cost me over 200 euro but the 5 year warranty that covered the first TV (including the replacement TV) was in force and about to expire the following month.

I had expected that I should have received a new warranty on the replacement TV but SONY absolutely refused any despite my efforts and the efforts of the retailer from where I purchased the TV.

I felt very vulnerable knowing that the replacement TV would shortly have no warranty even though it was less than 2 years old and had already broken down.

To make matters worse, SONY kept sending me emails weekly about the 'fantastic' new products they were releasing!!

My experience indicates that SONY products are far from 'fantastic' and in reality are totally unreliable.

Thankfully, the retailer came to my aid and offered me a credit note towards the purchase of a new TV.

I now am the proud owner of the latest LG OLED TV along with a 5 year warranty.

So much for SONY and their treatment of long term customers. 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Gordino21, I totally understand how you feel, however, non of the manufacturers give another extended warranty for an exchange as it's something that comes with the new purchase. And from what you wrote they have already honored the warranty twice!