Join now - be part of our community!

No sound when changing channel

profile.country.GB.title
SPELLY10
Explorer

No sound when changing channel

Dear Sony Community...I have a fairly new xf7073 Bravia 49 inch tv....it is hooked up to Virgin Media V6 box. When I sometimes change channel the new channel does not have any sound. To resolve I have to go back to another channel and then go into the channel again...but this does not always work. I am at a loss but feel the issue must be with the TV. Does anybody else experience this ? Hope you can offer some guidance. Thanks and regards. 

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @SPELLY10 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

When you say changing channel. do you mean changing the Virgin channels

using the Virgin remote?

profile.country.GB.title
SPELLY10
Explorer

Thanks for helping.....yes I only change channels using my Virgin remote as this is my only source to watch my channels

regards

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again :slight_smile:

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have a virgin box which seems to have a mind of its own sometimes.

On occasion I have lost sound for a few seconds or longer after changing channel

and have also had to change back etc. to restore it.

(Quite apart from losing picture sometimes)

As we both have different TV's I'm wondering if this is a Virgin box glitch?

Would be interesting to hear if any other members have experienced the same.

You could always try a reset on your TV by disconnecting the power lead from the TV for

2 minutes and then turning back on to see if that makes any difference.

Also check the cable from the Virgin box is still connected tightly.

profile.country.GB.title
SPELLY10
Explorer

I have rebooted the TV a few times when I first realised the issue....but still happens. 

I have also rebooted my Virgin Media box on several occasions and again I still have the issue. I will try looking at the cables from TV to Virgin but I would be amazed if this was an issue. 

The problem did not occur o my old Sony TV which makes me believe that the new TV is somehow the issue. Only had the new TV about 3 months. I got it from John Lewis so I may contact them and see what they will do if all else fails. 

Has anybody else on here experienced the same issue with this model Bravia ....thanks

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
SPELLY10
Explorer

OK i have found out a little more. The sound is not heard randomly on channels which show only :

Stereo 3840x2160p

Other Channels that do work fine have the wording :

Stereo Dolby Digital 3840x2160p

So evidently there is a problem reading Stereo 3840x2160p. I am not really sure what all this means and how to resolve ?

Appreciate any help and advice. 

profile.country.GB.title
SPELLY10
Explorer

Yes that is correct.

looks like I may now have solved the problem. On my Virgin v6 settings I have amended the audio to “Dolby Digital to PCM” . I have no idea what this really means but I have not lost sound since !