Join now - be part of our community!

LPCM options

profile.country.GB.title
miricha91
New

LPCM options

Hope somebody can help me with this!

I have a 65AG9 TV which is now an few years old and supports HDMI 2.0. Also i have just purchased the newly released Bravia Theatre 9 Soundbar.

The question I have is the Bravia app on shows the sound ass LPCM 2.0. Are there any settings either on the TV or soundbar I need to change to get the full capabilities of the soundbar, or is it a HDMI 2.0 to 2.1 issue?

I would prefer specific answers if possible rather than generic ones.

Cheers in advance

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@miricha91 

https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/gaep2/v1/en/04-04_04.html?hl=pcm

Have you got eARC set on both devices, using the correct HDMI port on each device for this, with the connecting HDMI cable being at least High Speed, and including Ethernet capability?

(The Ethernet strand is used by eARC, even though no Ethernet is actually involved).

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
miricha91
New

Hi,

yes both TV and soundbar have eARC

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@miricha91 

Thanks for that.

Yes, both devices support eARC, but have you double-checked you have set it up correctly?

Maybe try another HDMI cable?

And what are you using as an input source to test this? The best thing is a BluRay player, if you have one, with a disc that contains something with a Dolby Atmos or DTS-HD soundtrack, which the soundbar should indicate.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
miricha91
New

Problem solved. The SkyQ box had revert to normal output rather than dolby digital plus.

Thank you for your I put.

Regards Mark