Join now - be part of our community!

Led strip on sony tv

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Scottmc1980
Explorer

Led strip on sony tv

Spoiler
Hi I have a sony kd55xf9005 tv and I've got some usb led strip light connected I want to know how to turn the led strips off by turning my sony tv off instead of using the led strips remote
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Scottmc1980,

as far as I am concerned the only solution is to unplug the TV from the wall or get a switchable socket.

- Nic

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Scottmc1980,

I don't think there is an option, since the USB-port has power as long as the TV is in StandBy.

- Nic

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Not quite right. It will switch off as soon as the TV goes into deep sleep. But there are a dozen wakeups per hour which will again lit the bias lighting, see BRAVIA standby behavior.

profile.country.GB.title
Scottmc1980
Explorer

That's what I'm trying to do is completely turn my sony tv off but the only way is to switch off at wall and I dont fancy doing that all time they must be a way to turn all power off from tv 

profile.country.GB.title
Scottmc1980
Explorer

Do you have any other suggestions thank you

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Scottmc1980,

as far as I am concerned the only solution is to unplug the TV from the wall or get a switchable socket.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Long shot, but if the TV has the IR blaster function, and the LED lights are a controllable device from it, that might do it. Still needs a separate press, though.

Otherwise, get a smart remote, a Harmony for instance, and program it with a task to turn the TV and the LED lights on and off together.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
RemarcRoco
Explorer

There is one way to add this cool feature to almost any TV, but with certain limitations. Now let's take a look at the most popular and affordable options that allow you to get backlighting without changing your TV. What is Ambilight? Ambilight (ambient light technology) is a technology invented and patented by Philips that provides adaptive background backlighting on the company's TV panels. The system analyzes the color palette of the picture on the screen and turns on a similar glow around the perimeter of the TV. It all works dynamically. I bought them here at ukled.co.uk. And I will say that I am happy with the result, significantly when I can change different colors to suit my moods.

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Get a Smart Socket which is controlled with an app. That will switch the socket off which in turn will switch your TV off and the USB ports. That is your only solution.