Join now - be part of our community!

KDL50W755c won't switch off with remote or power button on TV.

zeetha
Explorer

KDL50W755c won't switch off with remote or power button on TV.

Hi,

We're very happy with our TV which we've had since late last year but recently we've had 3 occasions where the TV won't switch off.  It is after we've thought we've switched it off but come back to a black screen with a white light below the screen which is bigger than normal.  Pressing the power button on the remote and on the back of the TV doesn't do anything and trying to get a picture on the screen doesn't work either.  The only way to fix it is to turn the TV off and then on again at the mains.

I did try searching the community but couldn't the same issue.  Does anyone know of anyway to fix this or is it a fault?

Thanks,

Zeetha

22 REPLIES 22
zeetha
Explorer

Hi Woolly,

Hope one of the solutions works for you and/or the firmware update whenever it might appear.  At least you got an answer from them, they've stopped replying to me!

Hi Simala,

Did the factory reset fix it for you?  It came back for us after we did that but hopefully it worked for you!

Z
Simala
Explorer

Hi,

About 5 or 6 days since the factory reset and it's not happened since. Will be interested to see if that changes with the next firmware update but hoping that it's rectified the problem.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
Tjell07
Explorer

I've got the same problem. Having spent hours trying everything I could think of to solve the problem I gave up and pulled the plug. Why not have a simple on/off switch?! Won't be buying Sony again.