Join now - be part of our community!

KDL50W755c won't switch off with remote or power button on TV.

zeetha
Explorer

KDL50W755c won't switch off with remote or power button on TV.

Hi,

We're very happy with our TV which we've had since late last year but recently we've had 3 occasions where the TV won't switch off.  It is after we've thought we've switched it off but come back to a black screen with a white light below the screen which is bigger than normal.  Pressing the power button on the remote and on the back of the TV doesn't do anything and trying to get a picture on the screen doesn't work either.  The only way to fix it is to turn the TV off and then on again at the mains.

I did try searching the community but couldn't the same issue.  Does anyone know of anyway to fix this or is it a fault?

Thanks,

Zeetha

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
Woolly
Explorer

Hi yes this is exactly the same problem. I have contacted Sony but no response yet.

Sent from my iPhone
zeetha
Explorer

We tried the solutions that Sony suggested but we are still getting the problem so have sent off the additional information Support requested and it has been escalated apparently.  I'll let you know if they come back with anything that works!

Simala
Explorer

thanks for the replies. Will be very interested to hear what response you get. Can you advise what contact you have used to highlight the issue with Sony? Has it been over the phone or e-mail?

profile.country.GB.title
Woolly
Explorer

Hi Simala

I sent an email on 29 May to the email address on the website customersupport.en@eu.sony.com

However, to date I've only received an acknowledgement that my query has been logged. If I get a response I'll let you know.

regards Woolly

zeetha
Explorer

I am communicating with the customersupport.en@eu.sony.com email address.  The last message I had was that it had been escalated to a higher department, and that was five days ago.

profile.country.GB.title
Woolly
Explorer

Hi Zeetha

Thanks for the update.  I think I'll chase Sony today as I've not heard anything apart from an acknowlegement.

regards

Woolly

Simala
Explorer

Hi,

That's my e-mail sent today so fingers crossed something is found to resolve the issue as what was originally an intermittent fault is now occurring on a daily basis and becoming more frustrating by the day. Good luck with your enquiries.

Regards.
Simala

Sent from my iPad
zeetha
Explorer

Hi,

I've heard nothing further from Sony, so I hope one of you hears back!

It was happening more and more frequently for us too, but then we turned off 'Auto TV on' within Settings/External Inputs/Bravia Sync Settings 5 days ago (due to not wanting to turn on the TV when using the Sky box from another location) and it hasn't happened since. 

I'm not yet convinced that this has solved it, but its starting to look promising!

profile.country.GB.title
Woolly
Explorer

Hi Zeetha
Thanks we'll give that a try and see how it goes.

I did chase Sony for a reply and their response was that a firmware
update will be released to resolve this issue. However,
the timing/release schedule is yet to be determined. Not particularly
helpful.
Simala
Explorer

Hi,

As per sony's email to resolve the issue I reset my tv to the factory settings a few days ago and touch wood I have not had further incidents. Hoping that it has permanently rectified the issue, fingers crossed.